| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  peavey classic chorus 212
Stephen Kuester

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2014 8:42 am    

Snagged a classic chorus 212 yesterday for next to nothing and I'm thrilled with the way it sounds. It's a back breaker, but man it honks. Here's my question:

The speakers are nondescript, don't know what they are. I've got a pair of celestion speakers laying around. Should I swap em out?
Dale Ware

Texas, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2014 5:53 pm     speakers

If the speakers are stock they are scorpians and hard to beat, I would leave them in. Dale
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2014 6:19 pm     Re: peavey classic chorus 212

Stephen Kuester wrote:
Snagged a classic chorus 212 yesterday for next to nothing and I'm thrilled with the way it sounds. It's a back breaker, but man it honks. Here's my question:

The speakers are nondescript, don't know what they are. I've got a pair of celestion speakers laying around. Should I swap em out?

"Man, it honks."
Sounds to me like you just endorsed leaving it alone.
Scorps have a reputation for early breakup, sounding great on guitar. If that's not happening for you, or not bothering you, I'd leave 'em alone. If you like the tone, why F$#@% with it?
Stephen Kuester

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2014 7:10 am    

Well said, sir.

I'll soon enough have the chance to play in a band setting and I'll see if she punches clean. So far, Its just been me playing at woodshed volume. Anxious to get this thing out and give it a run.
Tom Gorr

Three Hills, Alberta
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2014 10:54 am    

You sure it honks? I have one (in storage) that I used with my electric guitar 15 years ago, and it had a lot of 90's-ish era marshally bite with the electric, but was hollow and shrill with my steel.

Mostly due to the Scorpion speakers, I'm sure...maybe you'rs has greenbacks or something...those honk.
Stephen Kuester

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2014 4:52 pm    

Its heavier than a tank, but I'm thrilled with the way it sounds. I had the volume at three today and it rattled the windows. What ever the speakers are, I have yet to find their breaking point. I've been playing through a roland cube 80xl or a deluxe reverb. This PV sounds better than both for the psg. I guess i'll lug it around till I get a hernia : )
Stephen Kuester

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2014 4:53 pm    

Its heavier than a tank, but I'm thrilled with the way it sounds. I had the volume at three today and it rattled the windows. What ever the speakers are, I have yet to find their breaking point. I've been playing through a roland cube 80xl or a deluxe reverb. This PV sounds better than both for the psg. I guess i'll lug it around till I get a hernia : )