| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Original Lawrence Chrome 705's for sale-CLOSE
David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2014 8:41 pm    

Who's been hoarding the 705's??? Me! Mr. Green
I have 4 original chrome 705's in good condition. A few marks on the chrome housing but nothing at all extreme especially for the age of them. The pics show the readings on my meter in DC ohms resistance. One of the pickups does not show a reading but works just fine. I had it installed on my GFI with one of the others and they sound the same. It's definitely not a 605 or 805 as I've had these in the past and I'm very familiar with the distinct tone difference in all three. This particular one also has a narrow mount plate but the plates can be removed and changed simply by removing the two small screws on the bottom of the pickup. One plate has 605 stenciled on it which likely was a mounting plate that was changed out as the pickup reads 19.3k so definitely a 705.

I'm asking $150 each for the 3 with the accurate readings and wide mounting plates. I'm asking $100 for the one without the DC reading with the narrow mounting plate. I've been told the lack of reading could be several causes and that there is equipment that will show a reading. I have a simple meter and no sophisticated electronics. But again, the pickup works fine as I recently removed it and replaced both 705's on my GFI with the new re-issues. I prefer the tone of the new ones.

Prices include shipping in the lower 48 and Paypal is fine.
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by David Higginbotham on 23 Mar 2014 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brian Ostrom

Old Chelsea Quebec Canada
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2014 5:28 am    

I'll take the 20.1 wide mount. Pm sent.

Augusta, GA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2014 9:28 am     Re:19.3 BL

I'll take the 19.3. PM me the address to send funds. Thanks, L.M. I leave Monday PM for Denver gig will be back the week after.
David Higginbotham

Post  Posted 22 Mar 2014 10:04 am    

Brian, the 20.1K is yours just send the Paypal at your convenience and desired shipping address. Be safe in the storm up there Buddy!!!!

LM, I PM'd you my address. Just send me a shipping address you need it sent to and I will get it out Monday. Just pay me whenever you get time! No big rush...

The wide mount Lawrence wound to 18.9K and the one showing no reading is still available. The other two are sold.

As mentioned before, the one without the reading still works fine and sounds exactly the same as the others but I dropped the price anyway. If it doesn't sell no problem as I will keep it and use in in the future I'm certain.

As for the windings and difference in the resistance, this is common with the 705's and they can read anywhere from 18K to 21K range but they sound identical. There is much written about this and it's understood that this is common in Humbuckers. Bill Lawrence explained it well as has electronics engineers like Jack Stoner that the pickups were wound using AC inductance rather DC resistance. But the same specs were achieved to be consistent in tone. Whew...I gave myself a headache with that one. But I'm sure one of the electronics wizards will chime in here and explain it far better than I can. Rolling Eyes
Thanks,
Dave
Mike Wilson

Mansfield, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2014 1:11 pm    

I'll take the 18.9
David Higginbotham

Post  Posted 22 Mar 2014 1:39 pm    

All three wide mount pickups are spoken for. I will drop the price on the narrow mount to $75 shipped in the lower 48. Great deal on an original 705!!!
Dave
Andy Schick

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2014 7:30 pm     Pickup

David I will take the narrow mount PM sent.

Thank you Andy
David Higginbotham

Post  Posted 23 Mar 2014 3:38 am    

Andy the pickup is yours but I haven't received a PM from you. Try sending to my email if it didn't go thru for some reason.
Thanks,
Dave
Andy Schick

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2014 4:04 am    

Email sent
David Higginbotham

Post  Posted 23 Mar 2014 4:00 pm    

Close it up! I have two paid for and two pending. Should that change I will re-list. Thanks for the PM's & emails guys!
Dave