| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Meditating through Music
Scott Bresnick

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2014 10:45 am    

Folks, just posted a new blog "Meditating through Music" Check it out. Have you tried this before? Would love to hear your experience! http://ow.ly/tRWtL
Dana Blodgett

California, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2014 1:06 pm     meditating thru music

Hi Scott,Sure I've done this for several years starting back when I injured my middle and ring fingers of my left hand,which made playing in standard tuning(Em7)very difficult.
I usually use Taro patch or open G tuning(slack key)or a variation of that.My goal was always to empty my head ,so to speak and concentrate on sounds that were pleasing,such as parallel thirds on the second and third string,first and second strings and parallel sixths on first and third strings and second and fourth strings.
Taro patch from low to high are D-G-D-G-B-D
It's a good stress buster IMHO. Smile
'74 ShoBud 6140 3+4, Martins HD28,D-12-28, D-15,'65 Gibson LG-1, '77 Gibson Les Paul special dbl cut p-90's, Les Paul Special p-100's,Les paul Special Hybrid(maple top) hbkr's,'68 Fender Strat reissue, Fender Squire Jazz bass,Epi mandolin,Epi Wilshire '66 reissue, Kamaka Concert uke, 70's Kamaka Soprano Uke, Fender Super amp, Ampeg ba112 bass amp,60's harmony banjo,'00 Gibson SG Supreme
Les Anderson

The Great White North
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2014 11:43 pm    

When my wife and two brothers and their wives died in an accident, my music all but saved me from either going crazy with remorse or committing suicide. It was not uncommon for me to sit for three and four hours and go through every song or tune that I could think of. That was my life for nearly two years.
Scott Bresnick

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2014 6:58 pm    

Thank you all for sharing your experience, it's wonderful to hear how others use meditation in their lives.
Don Griffiths

Steelville, MO
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2014 9:24 pm    

Thanks for posting that Les. Music has the power to heal.My wife was reminding me the other day about the experiment that was done with plants. Plants that were exposed to classical music grew well and thrived. The plants that were exposed to heavy metal withered. I've seen where human DNA has been shown to repair itself when exposed to 528 MHz. Really interesting stuff.