| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Clinesmith S-8 Joaquin model
Rich Sullivan

Nelson, NH 03457
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2014 2:41 pm    

I bought this stunning Clinesmith two years ago from another forum member, but I need to let it go because it's just not getting played enough. It looks brand new, and sounds magnificent. It was a special order with a wide neck and wider than normal string spacing. It now has a standard nut and bridge installed which I purchased from Todd Clinesmith. The original nut and bridge are included at the listed price, and can be installed in a matter of minutes. It comes with three standard legs and a padded "Blue Heron" soft case. $1875 plus shipping.

Erik Alderink

Ann Arbor Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2014 4:22 am    

That's my dream guitar right there.

Whoa!
Gerry Cockrell

Buffalo Gap, Texas
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2014 7:52 am    

Rich, I am interested in your guitar. Can you tell me what the wider than normal string spacing is when the wider nut and bridge are installed? Thanks.
Gerry Cockrell

Buffalo Gap, Texas
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2014 1:00 pm    

PM sent.
Todd Clinesmith

Lone Rock Free State Oregon
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2014 7:29 pm    

I have had a few emails about this guitar, so hopefully I can help out here.

This guitar is Joaquin Wide Model as Rich stated. I think when Rich bought this he did not know it was a wide model ( as it was not advertised this way). So thank you Rich for pointing this out. I am now stamping the serial number with a "W" attached to specify wide model lap steels.

It looks to me, and if memory serves me correctly the guitar was made with close to parallel string spacing. About 2 5/8 at the nut and slightly wider at the bridge, tho Rich can confirm the spacing since it is in his hands. The standard Paul Bigsby spacing is 2 inches at the nut and 2.5 inches at the bridge.

This guitar has a few other features that I do not offer very often for Lap Steels. For one Birdseye Maple, which is very hard to find in these thicknesses, and is very expensive to purchase and ship here. Also I do not build them with legs very often because it requires a thicker body than my standard to accommodate the leg sockets. Once again it is hard to find wood n the correct thicknesses , with out having a lot of waste . Besides that, Mark Roeder began making Deluxe 34 stands, which I really like.

I hope this helps
Todd
Rich Sullivan

Nelson, NH 03457
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2014 12:12 pm    

Sold pending payment.