| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What's up with the Steelaire?
Alex Cattaneo

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2014 10:31 am    

Does anyone know what's going on with this amp? After all the posts and video demos and teasing... are we ever going to have the opportunity to actually buy one?
John Palumbo

Lansdale, PA.
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2014 5:55 pm    

possibly end of February, see Ray Gehringer's post:
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=257081
Peter Freiberger

California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2014 6:14 pm    

Last I heard, from Greg Leisz a while back, was that Pat Quilter was experimenting with different cabinet sizes. Greg said there were very noticeable differences with the different cabs.
Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2014 8:04 pm    

I recall some discussion about the depth of the cabinet being made a tad deeper.

California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2014 8:23 pm    

I talked to Quilter at the NAMM show in Anaheim. They've held up release of the Steelaire because of EMF regulatory standards. They thought it would be to market by late February.

California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2014 4:38 pm    

Hi gang, thanks for your patience. We have been plagued with EMI troubles. We are within a couple months of launching not one, but two Steel Amps and a head to boot.
Help us with picking colors out if you would...
Link below.
http://on.fb.me/MzMvEm

California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2014 8:30 am    

It has finally arrived. Thanks for the patience.
www.quilterlabs.com

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2014 2:06 pm    

I am very pleased and fortunate to have one on order which should arrive early next week, I placed the order and within one hour I received confirmation that it would ship the very same day. I am very anxious and have been waiting patiently for several months. Quilter labs took the time and effort to ensure that the Steelaire amplifier had been thoroughly fine tuned to the most stringent requirements, prior to it being released and for that I am grateful. I truly believe that this amp will meet the most discerning steel players expectations. I would rate the overall purchase experience on a scale of 1-10 at a 10.
Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 29 Mar 2014 4:11 am    

The available demos sound good; really good! I think the folks at Quilter made a wise choice with the color scheme. Classic! I like the harder sounds of Tom Brumley and Sonny Curtis from those old loud and cranked up amps. These Steelaires seem to be able to do that, as well as provide crystal clear tones that lots of modern players like at about any volume level someone would need. A lot of boutique producers hover around the $2K mark, so my hats off to you guys for manufacturing an affordable and quality USA product.

Morton: Congrats! and looking forward to what you think after you have a little seat time.
Morton Kellas

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2014 5:17 am    

Thank you Daniel, I will post what I think about it after it arrives which should be April 1st.
Morton Kellas

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2014 8:05 am    

I received my new Steelaire amp and cannot express how pleased I am with the weight, aesthetics and most of all the tone. This amp sounds so very full and rich, my steel never sounded better, I am astonished with the sound I am getting. I especially like the fact that the tone controls and reverb are so very responsive easy to shape to your liking, with such little effort. I have owned several of what some call "boutique amplifiers" and in my opinion, the Steelaire out performs all of the amps I have previously owned in both useable features, ease of adjustment and most important, "tone". The folks at Quilter Labs have personally proven to me that they are extremely courteous and responsive to their customers. I would not hesitate to recommend dealing with Quilter Labs or purchasing the new Steelaire amplifier as both the company and products are top notch.
Ray Gehringer

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2014 10:42 am    

Morton,

Congrats on your new Steelaire! I got mine last week and completely love the amp and my reaction was/is much the same as yours.

I'll also ad that Nicole and Chris from Quilter were very helpful and a pleasure to deal with when gathering info and ordering. Pat Quilter even took time to answer one of my emails. High quality gear and service.
Morton Kellas

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2014 10:51 am    

I know there are several Steelaire amps out there now, let's here your opinions, I just love mine and am totally pleased with the tone and features.
Jim Eaton

Santa Susana, Ca
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2014 1:31 pm    

As I said in the post in Electronics, back in 1974
Peavey took the best available technology and gave us the original Session 400, Quilter has taken the best available technology of today and has given us steelplayers the Steelaire. I am very happy with mine, big sound, great eq controls, wonderful control of the reverb, 9V power tap to hardwire a delay pedal into EFX loop with out a wall wart, remote control box that clips on the leg of your guitar to control the EFX loop, reverb, boost...Smile
About 2 1/2 lbs lighter than a NV-112 and there is even a really big useful pocket on the back of the balistic nylon cover that comes with the amp.
All I need now is a Quilter hat & t-shirt and I'll have it all!!!!!
JE:-)>
MSA Legend SD12 5/5 -06'
Mullen S-12 4/5 - 1986
Nashville 112 x2 W/Knob Guards - Don't leave home with out one!
Walker SS rack system - 12"BW's
Quilter Steelaire Combo
Morton Kellas

Chazy, NY, USA 1
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2014 3:20 pm    

Jim, I read your review and totally agree. I would also like to hear input from other Steelaire amp owners as well. Jim, the hat and tee shirt is a good idea.