| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  For Sale: Fender Artist D-10 8 x 4 - SOLD !!
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2014 1:50 am    

[b]For Sale:

Fender ARTIST D-10 SOLD !!
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's

Last edited by Al Vesel on 28 Jan 2014 12:07 am; edited 6 times in total
Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2014 6:35 am    

Wow, Al, that is a really nice looking guitar. Does it sound like a Sho-Bud or has its own sound?

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2014 6:58 am     For Sale: Fender Artist D-10 8 x 4 - lacquer body

Henry,
I owned a Fender 2000, which as you know, was cable driven rather than rod driven. I played that for 20 some years and also I've owned a lot of Shobuds.

I would say that this Artist lies somewhere between.

The sound of them Fenders were awesome, especially with the hi tones. So this has that, plus the nice sweet sound of Shobud.

It is a great guitar & well worth what I'm asking for it !!

Like I said in the add, if you look at the undercarriage you'd swear you were looking at a Shobud.

Al
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2014 7:06 am    

Thanks Al, would love to have that guitar. I'll bet it does sound great. I'm trying to retire and just can't let go the bucks. It is well worth your price and more I would think. Good Luck on sale.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2014 1:36 pm    

TTT
W. Van Horn

Houston, texas
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2014 2:06 pm    

I've always loved the look of these steels. Is that the original finish?
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2014 4:30 pm     For Sale: Fender Artist D-10 8 x 4 - lacquer body

From what I know of, yes it is, Will.

TXS

Al
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2014 9:37 pm    

except for the white trim lines that have been added, i assume.
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2014 12:06 am     For Sale: Fender Artist D-10 8 x 4 - PRICE LOWERED !!

I think you're correct Chris.

Al
Ron Mawn

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2014 2:32 am    

Al, From what I remember from my days at the Sho-Bud store in London it appears the teardrop levers have been added also the p/up's changed out.
But still a nice guitar.
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2014 4:03 am     For Sale: Fender Artist D-10 8 x 4 - PRICE LOWERED !!

Ron,
I could tell that the teardrop kl's were newer. So that would make sense. I haven't seen many of these so I couldn't tell on the pup's.

Al
Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2014 3:19 pm    

FENDER/SHO-BUD: In the early 1970's the Fender Guitar Company contracted Sho-Bud to produce a Fender/Sho-Bud pedal steel. This model and the Super Pro were very similar in design except for the body and the key head. The undercarriage design was what would later be used on the Sho-Bud Super Pro. These Fender/Sho-Bud pedal steels had the ash tray Fender style keyhead. The changer used was a triple raise-double lower, and was similar to the Super Pro changer. Other then the changer and undercarriage, this model had a look that was different then the regular Sho-Buds.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2014 5:45 pm    

they also have a tone of their own which is really cool. oddly enough it's kind of halfway between a fender and a sho-bud(!).
i always thought someone could makea unique statement with one.
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2014 12:08 am     For Sale: Fender Artist D-10 8 x 4 - SOLD !!

Fender Artist sold on another site. TXS to all that looked. Please close out.

Al