| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks From The Swsga
Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2014 10:34 am    

Thanks to all who help support our annual SWSGA show in Phoenix. From all the players, to the front desk ladies, the stage hands, the technical crew, the badge checkers, the instructors, the directors and all the helpers, and everyone who came to enjoy the show, a huge THANK YOU!! Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for each of your efforts. We are planning already for Jan. 15, 16 and 17, 2015. Again, my heart felt thanks.

Billy
Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2014 3:32 pm    

Billy, Amen to this comment. The super group that puts so much effort into making this show what it is. I realize that a years worth of preparation goes into this successful endeavor.

Thanks to all who do the setting up, tearing down, sound, video, Performing, attending and photos.
You are a great bunch.....
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2014 4:16 pm    

Thank you Billy!!!

Here's a link to watch a local news spot for the show for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9736609#.Ut4C2odbjig.facebook
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2014 7:04 pm     Thanks

Thanks Rick I had not seen myself on TV

Thanks for being such a big part of the show.

Joe Naylor "Asleep at the Steel"
www.steelseat.com
Announcer / Emcee
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Bob Case

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2014 7:09 pm    

Thanks to all who made it possible. We had a great time down there and are looking forward to next year.
Bob & Lisa
Troy Porter

Globe AZ USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2014 7:12 pm    

Rick, thanks for posting that link. What better publicity could you get? I had several calls from people that watched the newscast, inquiring about the show. The girls at the registration desk said that many of them did come to enjoy the music.

WOW! I didn't know Joe could talk so fast and get all that information out so quickly. Good job Joe.

Frank Carter also did a good job explaining the steel guitar.
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2014 6:34 am     Wow Thanks guys

Troy that is an Okie in High Gear - I have a cousin in Tulsa that has M. S. and he is basically on the computer all the time. He saw it last year and sent me an email and said the same thing - Cory from Fox 10 last year said I had 40 seconds then it went down to 30 but this year he said 25 seconds - so I took a breath and blasted it out.

Two different days ladies came up to me for an autograph because they saw it on Fox 10 too.

Cory must drink several cups of coffee he is really something to keep up with - that was the fastest 45 minutes of the show - he called back and asked how the show was going on Friday (between the next days live shots) what a nice guy.

Great show and I for one was pooped but it was fun and great to see everyone.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Announcer / Emcee
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP