| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  During a lax moment.........I hit the install key and.......
Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2013 8:27 pm    

I've been running Win-8 now for several months and adapted to it quite well with a minimum of difficulties. I've actually enjoyed it in spite of all the negative comments I'd heard about it.

The other day, I got a pop-up urging me to install Win-8.1 and I did so without giving it a lot of tho't. Once again, I find it pleasant to work with
HOWEVER...........

A full screen of photo files in Photo gallery, each captioned and all, have disappeared. Another of those ads popped up and I THINK I sent them to CLOUD or something similar to it. I could slap my face for having done it.

The entire page of files with captions is still there HOWEVER I can't get in to see any of those files as they indicate the folders are EMPTY.

HELP! Any suggestions???????????
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2013 9:04 pm    

You need to visit one of the Windows 8 forums and see if others experienced the same problems and what their solutions were.

While I currently don't have any Windows 8 computers, I occasionally read the forums on Bleepingcomputer.com and on WindowsSecrets.com. Sign up for accounts on them and post your issue as a new topic.

If you did send your photos to the Microsoft Cloud Service (Azure?), they are probably safe there. You need to learn how to download and import them back into your updated operating system.

One thing I have learned about Windows 8.1 is that is not your Mother's upgrade. It's a whole new ballgame for the updated device.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog