| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Pro-Scaff" - Update -
Dale Hansen

Hendersonville,Tennessee, (USA)
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2013 1:12 am    

Hi guys. I hope y'all are recovering from your tryptophan hangovers from last week, and have moved onto the next phase of the holiday season > ..Making that 'special' batch of "Ex-Lax" chocolate chip cookies,..just for Santa...Cool

I'm gonna post a quick update here, and take a moment to address a couple of questions that I'm frequently asked about the new BDG "Pro-Scaffs".

First off, if you just happened to pop in here, and you've never seen, or have even heard about these,..here's what I'm talking about.

If you are considering a set for your rig, here are a few suggestions to consider.
1) Measuring: - If you have more than one 'Pak-A-Seat', it would be a good idea to mention that to me, so I can assure that your 'Scaffs' will fit all of your butt benches. I'll ask you to measure the wall thickness of any seat(s) that you plan to employ your 'scaffs' on, and I'll build your set for the thickest box wall.
2) Portability: - I've been asked, a time or two, if these fold up for storage. Nope. They're 'fixed' positioned, made to fit, and already small enough to pack inside the seat, or, inside of your guitar case's pedal rack partition.

3) (Q) How much can it hold? - (A)...I have no earthly idea.
As shown below, I have placed a 10lb dumb-bell on the very tip of them, and they don't appear to be overly challenged...

(@ > Gary Steele) Here are a couple of photos of my personal scaff set/rig. The pedal board is a "Pedaltrain-Mini", upon which, four FX pedals, and a "Voodoo-Labs" - 'Pedal Power 2', are affixed. My *pedal board, loaded up the way I have it, weighs a hefty 8 lbs, measuring 20" in length, > and 7" deep. (front to rear)

Overhead view, to better show off the scale, & scope of it all.

*Special thanks to my great pal, and fishing buddy, Dan Galysh.
Dan, graciously gifted this "Pedaltrain-Mini" board, to me, > with the tote-bag - and, he was also a tremendous help in creation, and assembly of my current, 'First-Class' "Live-Rig".
Until a few weeks ago, I hadn't played out in a 'live' setting for a number of years. I had no idea how to even begin to get a decent sounding rig up and running, from scratch. He's a good fella to know, in that sort of a 'pinch' I'd gotten myself into...
Here's a link to that (PT) pedal-board
http://pedaltrain.com/products/pedalboards/pedaltrain_mini.php
And, here's a link to the awesome, clean, (VL) power supply unit that he goaded me into buying.
http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_2.htm

(Thanks again,..for everything, Dan.)

Merry Christmas, & a Happy, prosperous New Year, to all here, on the SGF.

Blessings,
Your pal, Dale

As always, feel free to call me, >(615)618-0776, or drop me a line, anytime.

Hendersonville,Tennessee, (USA)
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2013 10:37 am    

Just a little 'tip' for those of you who are stumped for a cheap, or additional Christmas gift for that someone you know, who's hard to buy for...
I just bought 5 of these for under $10 each, at Lowes.
Great stocking stuffer for a fisherman, hunter, or almost anyone. I even got one for myself, too. It's great.

It's called a "PowerCap", with four powerful LED lights under the brim.
The battery pack, containing some sort of watch battery, is in the rear of the hat band, and you can't even feel it.
It comes in at least five different colors, too.