| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons P-P Green Burst 8x4 D-10 Clean w/Case and Vol Pedal
Robin Venters

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2013 9:47 am    

Wow! What a find! Mid 70's push-pull D-10 serial number 2570 D. Lacquer finished in a dark green burst birds eye maple, all wood necks. Original condition, one owner till I bought it yesterday. (11/25/2013).

This thing is 100% Original and even in my "Cain't hardly Play" hands, has TONE to the BONE!!!!

I won't waste you all's time telling you about these guitars, since I'm sure that most of you know much more about it than I do.

I am not qualified to answer questions as to how well it is set up and adjusted.

I can tell you that the guy who owned it since it was new here in Oklahoma City, bought it from Bob Woods Del City Music, and played about 99.9% on the E-9 neck. This has next to no playing wear and all 8 pedals and 4 knee levers do work.

As to who is offering this great find, we are OKC Music and Sound here in Oklahoma City. We are mostly a regular guitar bass drum PA type music dealer, and haven't ever tried to deal in pedal steels.

I am OKC Music's owner operator, and bet I know many of you forum regulars. My name is Robin Venters, and from 1984, until 2008 I worked for Peavey. I spent every late summer from 1987 till about 2006 at the ISGA convention in St Louis. So I know a tiny bit about pedal steels and know that mid 70's lacquer Emmons Push Pulls are none too common.

Any How feel free to call us Mon-Fri 10:00 till 6:00 Central time, and Saturdays 10:00 till 5:00. We are on the web at OKC-Music.Com, and our Phone number is 405-842-0303.

Thanks for looking.
I am listing the guitar with the case, Volume pedal etc, at $3950.00 Shipped fully insured to any purchaser in the lower 48. If you come to town and pick it up I'd take $75.00 off of that. No international shipping period. Thanks.
Robin Venters

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2013 10:02 am     Picts of Emmons

Well I'm too dumb to figure out how to up-load pictures to the forum, but I've got quite a few, and will gladly email then to anyone interested in seeing them. Oddly enough the Greenburst Emmons the belonged to Bob Hempker with Loretta Lynn, that is on the front page of the Steel Guitar East web page is EXACTLY like the one I have for sale....altho that one is restored and this one is merely in great shape for a 35-38 year old guitar.
Paul Norman

Washington, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2013 1:04 pm    

Pictures of Robin Venters green Emmons.

Paul Norman

Washington, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2013 1:06 pm    

More pictures of Robin's green Emmons

Paul E Vendemmia

Olney Maryland Mongomery
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2013 8:38 am    

I bet if you pull off the name plate it will be blue
I think its a faded out blue guitar.
Its still a greet looking guitar in green!
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2013 10:43 am    

I respectfully disagree. I know of two that came new that color.

bb
Al Risbeck

Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2013 12:43 pm     color

I think Bobby is right on the color, I bought a new one in '72 that was very much like it, got from Devere's in Indianola Iowa.
Mullen Discovery, GK mb200 with Eminence EPS-15C, Fender steel King with Eminence EPS-15C,Nashville 400 amp, with EPS-15C,Evans FET500 with Peavey 1501 BW Goodrich L10K V.P.(2),Goodrich L120, Bose L1 PA with ToneMatch 4 Mic control board
john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2013 1:54 pm    

Doesn't Rick Price have one similar to this color? Last time I saw his it was very close this and in as good as shape, got to be a tone monster!
Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 27 Nov 2013 2:16 pm    

I've had two of those and they both started life as blue guitars. Are there any blue lacquer guitars from the mid 70's?
Robin Venters

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2013 2:35 pm    

You know I wouldn't have thought twice about the first posters notion that it might have originally been a Blue Guitar.Because the green is very even and rich, and the contrast between the emerald and near black is sharp. But the guy who sold it to me told me that it was blue before he brought it in. When I saw it, I just assumed he was color blind.. LOL But after the post I looked under the name plate, and Blue it is! (Or was.) this Guitar was originally a deep blue, undeniably greenish blue. So what ever lacquer they were using in the 70's did fade... but very nicely, as it doesn't look washed out or anything.

If this guitar was used in honky tonks as intended from day one, it would have never seen day light anyhow. Very Happy I took a picture of the under name plate color, I'll send it to my posting angel. Robin V.

Last edited by Robin Venters on 28 Nov 2013 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2013 2:57 pm    

This is one of the blues in 72.(You could custom order lacquer finishes - shades back then) Terry Crisp got the next guitar. The same color as the one in the add.

Also Ron Elliot always played a green Emmons or guitar of some brand during his time with Jack Green

bb
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2013 4:06 pm    

Hey, Bobby--Is your e-mail not working?
Mark Simpson

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2013 4:56 pm    

I have a 78 D-10 that was a deep blue when I purchased it brand new in 1978. It is now a gorgeous green,much like the guitar for sale....I've heard they used food coloring on these older guitars and that's why some colors tend to fade
Dustin Elmore

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2013 6:09 pm     ..

Looks like it could have bolt on changers?..hard to tell from the pic.
mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2013 7:58 pm    

Wood necks are always bolt on.... except for one or two exceptions that have been discussed on the forum.
Robin Venters

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2013 6:40 am    

Hey Ya'll, questions? Comments? Am I too high? Are you worried that the thing will need massive adjustments? (It Might, but I don't think so)

I'll tell you this The two licks I know on the E-9th neck where you do the sus4 back to the major, or visa versa, and the one where you start high and resolve back to the 3rd.. (or what ever) Sound great... I don't know the first thing about anything but the first three pedals and about the middle 4 or 5 strings, and if someone doesn't buy this pretty soon I'm going to have to post a recording of me playing "Brown Sugar" by the Stones on the E-9 neck, with distortion.... Now we don't want it to come to that!!!!! Someone make me an offer I can't refuse.. Lest you want to hear a washed up 60 year old rock and roller defile this Emmons.

On a very slightly more serious note, I did used to play in a band with a guy who always sounded (Vocally) like Charlie Daniels. We had a demo we recorded with several cover tunes including "Brown Sugar", by the Rolling Stones. If you heard it, and I told you it was a bootleg of Charlie Daniels Band doing the tune, You'd believe it! We were all Okies after all.....
Robin Venters

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2013 10:49 am     Dutch auction time

Ok ya'll Steelers... This guitar shipped to the lower 48 fully insured for the full purchase price as of today (12/03/2013) is $3750.00 Is going on a Dutch Auction. It's price will go DOWN $25.00 a day until one of ya'll can't stand it, and call me with your credit card. Not counting Sundays. So tomorrow 12/04, $3,725.00 Buys it, Thursday? $3,700.00 etc... This means that by December the 21st, IF it's still available, it could be bought at $3,350.00, New Year's day? $3,150.00...

Call me OKC Music and Sound
Robin Venters 405-842-0303, or my Cel is 405-550-9484
Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2013 11:34 am    

Wow, that does look like a bolt on in the pics. I'll take it April 15th if it's still available, LOL.
Just kidding, really nice Emmons, wish I had the bucks. Good luck on sale. Somebody be getting a super nice guitar.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2013 12:54 pm     June Will be Fine!

June Will Be Fine You! Laughing
David Kellogg

Tualatin, OR
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2013 5:02 pm     I see a problem

I see a very noticeable problem with that Emmons, It's not at my house.
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2013 10:01 pm    

so.....$3625 tomorrow the 8th??
how's the bidding going down?
Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2013 4:26 pm    

Not counting Sundays. TTT
Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2013 4:31 pm    

Double posted again. What the heck!

Last edited by Mark Greenway on 18 Dec 2013 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ron Elliott

Madison, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2013 12:50 pm     Ron E. Green Emmons

I had 3 green Emmons P/P's They were all GREEN from the Factory . I had one Green all lacquer, and 2 Lacquer with alum. necks. All green,and Great TONE from them all. Just thought I'd throw that in because it was mentioned that I had green guitars when I was with Jack Greene. They said they didn't know what brand...They were ALL Emmons Guitars.They were Great Guitars. Thank you for letting an "old Dude" drop in. It has been a while. Still Playing, still traveling...still doing some studio work, and still still going to the Conventions....when the money dictates it. Merry Christmas. I'm still at rpesr@bellsouth.net Bobby Boggs, I hope this helps with the question on Brands Thank you Bobby for mentioning someone nearly forgotten. Thanks and Merry CHristmas to you and yours, Ron Elliott
Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2013 1:17 pm    

Mr. Elliott, I don't think you will ever be forgotten, Merry Christmas to you and your family as well...

Db