| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  They just keep coming
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2013 9:22 am    

A young fellow from the Oregon coast started the long trip down steel guitar lane. He has a S10 Bud, a student Emmons, a S10 PP coming and is looking for a green LDG Bud. He has only been at this about 1 year.

He has a couple of old Bud amps that work and even talks in terms of "string separation" etc. Wow has he done his homework or what. He has talked to many on the forum picking their brains and buying their gear, I am impressed. He is even going to play at the steel jam next sun (Dec 8th).

I told you that to tell you this, there are folks out there with the same passion you once had, and they are picking up the ball and running with it.

So although you may live where steel is not alive, trust me, the Northwest is teeming with activity, so glad to be a part of it.

Several of our regulars will not make the jam Sun, but we have several new faces to take their spot. I bet we still seat over 25 players. I could sit 60 if they would all come on the same day. Maybe when I turn 70 I will throw a big steel party, oh just thinking out loud.

Larry Behm

Phone: 971-219-8533
Rick Schacter

Portland, Or.
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2013 12:00 pm    

Larry,

You have done more than anyone I know of to promote steel guitar in PDX.

Thank you.

p.s.- I was at Pro Sound and Lighting in SE Portland yesterday and saw your picture hanging behind the counter. Very Happy

Rick
Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2013 1:47 pm    

Funny, I was in the Post Office and saw his picture.
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2013 3:54 pm    

Ken you are KILLING me. Now get your butt to the steel jam before they up the reward for damage I may impose on you out of weakness on my part.

Larry Behm

Phone: 971-219-8533
Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2013 4:36 pm    

You betcha!
Rick Schacter

Portland, Or.
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2013 12:36 pm    

Since I mentioned contribution to steel guitar in PDX, I have to also give a very honorable mention to Mr. Muller...and his dancing girls. Very Happy

There's a lot of steel guitar activity going on at Bob and Kathy's place these days.

Rick