| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  For Sale: Peavey NV- 112 Amp w/ freight damage!-- SOLD!! --
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2013 11:50 am    

For Sale: Peavey Nashville 112-
NV-112 Amp with freight damage.

Note: I just purchased this amp and unfortunately when I turned it on after receiving it, it doesn't play. It powers up and the light comes on, but there is a real loud continuous humming noise and it isn't working. If you hook up an amp cord there is no sound. Then when you turn it off you hear a loud popping sound. I left it on for a while and nothing seemed to be getting hot, but the loud humming noise never went away and it doesn't work at all.

Note: From the tag in the back it seems to have been made in 2003.

So I do not know what is wrong. Cosmetically it is in real nice shape. But, mechanically I do not know what is wrong. The seller, unfortunately, didn't have enough packing material around the amp, so any freight damage claim, I am sure will be denied.

I will be receiving my money back that I paid, but for him, he decided to let me sell it for him. He lives in a remote area, just like me, where there are no amp repair shops. So that is why he decided to just take the loss.

He has decided to take the best offer over $150.00. BUT THE FIRST $200.00 TAKES IT !!!
We'll give it 3 days. May be it's not even worth that. I do not know.

If you want to hear what the loud humming noise sounds like, email me or send a pm and I'll shoot you off my phone number & I"ll be glad to turn it on for you. I don't know if that will help you or not.

But maybe some of you amp experts may know from the symptoms I mentioned what could be wrong with it. The shipping container box was in good shape with no tears or dents. Maybe some of you pros out there may seem to know what's wrong with it.

So again, best offer over $150.00, but will accept the first $200.00 offer. I'll run this for 3 days.
Buyer to pay actual shipping costs.

Contact info: Email: alvesel@mchsi.com
or contact me thru the Forums' Email
or send a pm

Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's

Last edited by Al Vesel on 12 Oct 2013 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim Eyer

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2013 5:13 pm     Something to try.

I had a Line 6 amp with the same symptons. I messed with it for about an hour, and just for giggles I took the guitar cable and stuck in all available jacks and the humming went away and it came back to life with no hum. Just a thought, but worth a try. I believe it was either the footswitch jack or the channel 2 jack that was stopping it from working and making that nasty hum. Good luck...
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2013 5:34 pm     Peavey NV-112

Jim,
TXS for the input. I tried it with no success.

Al
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
William Lake

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2013 8:08 pm    

Try posting some of this on the electronics section. Somebody can maybe help you.
A hum usually means an open ground. Likely at the input jack if it's loud.
Good luck

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2013 8:10 pm     Nv-112

HERE IS THE SHIPPING INFO FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GET THEIR SHIPPING COSTS BEFORE THEY OFFER.

it weighs 49.0 pounds. That's off of the Fedex label on the box. Length is 25"
It is 14" wide
Height is 22".
My zip code where it will ship from is 55719

JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW I ALREADY HAVE AN OFFER OF $175.00 ADN THEY ARE PAYING SHIPPING. SO I'M ONLY OFF BY 25 DOLLARS FROM MY ASKING PRICE W/ BUYER PAYING FREIGHT. ALSO ANOTHER OFFER OF 200 W/ ME PAYING THE SHIPPING. SO WE'RE CLOSE.

AS STATED THE FIRST ONE TO RESPOND ON THE FORUM TAKING IT FOR THE 200 PLUS SHIPPING IT WOULD BE THEIRS'.

AL
Kurt Graber

Wichita, KS, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2013 10:45 pm    

Al, I'll take it. $200 plus shipping
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2013 11:26 am     Peavey NV-112 freight damaged amp

I have a deal PENDING on this amp. This is not to Kurt. There is another deal pending.

Al

Last edited by Al Vesel on 11 Oct 2013 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kurt Graber

Wichita, KS, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2013 11:51 am    

My Apology to Al, I'm unable to do this deal. Should be a great deal for someone.
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2013 12:01 pm    

Have you checked to see if the power cord is plugged in tight under the chassis? They are very easy to come loose and if just barely touching, it could create your symptoms.
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2013 12:16 pm     Peavey NV-112 freight damaged amp

Yes, I did try that Bill, with no luck. TXS for the input.

Al
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2013 2:17 am    

Al....bridge the effects loop,and/ or the PWR amp Out/In jacks....Peaveys use VERY cheap components, and this circuit was (is) an achilles heel...But it could also be a bad compression chip...
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Dennis Manuel

Quesnel, B.C., Canada
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2013 8:05 am    

Sent money via PayPal, look forward to getting the amp.

Thanks
Dennis
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2013 8:32 am     Peavey NV-112 freight damaged amp

The Peavey NV-112 amp has been sold to Dennis.

TXS to all that looked. Please continue to email him info on troubleshooting thoughts if you would.

TXS to all that helped me.

Bob, you can close out.

Al V.