| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2" lift kit dilemna on an Emmons D-10 Push Pull
Al Vesel

Chisholm, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2013 12:47 am    

When I purchased this guitar it has a 2" lift kit installed. Of course we all know that all it is is a couple of metal sleeve bushings on the front legs and then the 2" pedal rod extenders.

If I were to take off the 2" lift kit, will that throw off the tuning at all? If I have to mess with the undercarriage I will be in deep do do !! I can work on an all pull changer system with my eyes closed, but push pull undercarriages I don't touch.

It would be great if I do not have to touch anything other than to take off the lift kit and adjust the pedal rods.

Please if anyone can answer I'd appreciate it.

TXS

AL V.
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2013 5:04 am    

No, it won't do anything to the mechanics of the guitar. All you need are the correct length hex pieces to connect the pedals to their rods.
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2013 12:03 pm     2 inch lift kit dilemma on Emmons PP

Al, I have had to go the other direction. I have long legs and have added lift kits to Emmons PP as well as my current Zum guitar. Changing the length of the pedal rods will not mess up anything underneath your guitar. It will most likely change the pedal travel, which indirectly, could cause you to be pulling or pushing more underneath than you were previously. You just make any adjustments necessary on the pedal rods only until your pedals are back where you want them. It can be a little bit of trial and error getting the pedals all back the way they were before adding or subtracting pedal rod extenders. Go for it, it is not that big of a problem and you will not mess up anything in the undercarriage if you just keep your cotton pickin hands out of that area.
richard burton

Britain
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2013 9:01 pm    

It won't make any difference to the pedal travel.

Perhaps George meant pedal height, which you would set to your preference by adjustment of the pedal rod ends.

Just to save any confusion, shortening the legs and pedal rods will not alter the pedal travel of a push-pull at all