| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  knee lever part for a Fender 1000
Jean-Sebastien Gauthier

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2013 8:42 am    

Hi, I want to install a RKL knee lever on my Fender 1000, if someone can help me finding part that would fit (I can do the cable job myself) I would really appreciated a lot.

Thanks

JS
Chris Lucker

Los Angeles, California USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2013 11:11 am    

Find a used Emmons three piece knee lever. I like them for cable Fenders because they take up little room because they need no cross shaft and they fold flat so the guitar fits in the case.

Solder your cable to a piece of tubing and slice it to a few inches of 1/8th rod or just use the tubing to go through the three hole knee lever "flag." Adjust with a Sho-Bud barrel tuner backed up with a shaft collar if you want. Or even solder a solid stop so you do nut push through. The end of the rod, after it passes through the knee lever should have an extension spring mounted somewhere convenient to keep tension on the cables when when the knee lever is folded down and in the case.
Here is a photo of the same but a RKR. I can never have inside knee levers on the Fender 400s I modify because I have too many pedals. This one has ten pedals and two outside knees. The knees, by the way, do the same thing as their corresponding first and tenth pedals. The LL raised the Es (Ds) and the RR lowered the Es (Ds) and pedal 9 was another B pedal so either pedals 9 and 10 made the B and E lower combination or pedal 9 and RR did the same. I think pedal 9 worked the second from the bottom string, though, which was a duplicate high G# top string. This made for Mooney licks that were more Mooney than Mooney and I had enough pedals to get my D elsewhere, and I had a second G# should the real top one break.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2013 11:17 am    

I had a Sho-Bud knee lever that I mounted on my Fender 2000. I used the cable from the 10th foot pedal.
Jean-Sebastien Gauthier

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2013 5:42 pm    

Chris, do you know where I can find Emmons knee lever? I didn't find any on the web.

Jack, do you sell this lever? can you please show a picture of how you fit it?

thanks guys
Chris Lucker

Los Angeles, California USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2013 9:31 pm    

Read my post to your duplicate thread. That guy has one right now. Otherwise contact the non factory authorized Emmons Repair guys like Billy Knowles or Lynn Stafford. You do not need a Factory authorized and installed knee lever on a non Emmons. So those guys could serve a purpose.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2013 2:35 am    

That was 1970. I no longer have the Fender 2000. I bought a kit from George Lewis at Sho-Bud.