| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2013 12:28 am    

August 4, 2013 will be our next steel guitar jam session at the William P. Randolph American Legion Post #593 326 W. Legion Dr. Converse, Texas. The hours will be 2pm until 5pm and players are encouraged to be set up and ready to play at 2pm sharp. We have a live band ready to play and the American Legion will serve hamburgers and hotdogs for a nominal fee. Their canteen will be open to sell your favorite beverages. This is our 7th jam session this year and hope you will come out and enjoy the music and fun we all share. All players are invited to play no matter what their skill level may be. Pedal steels, lap steels and dobros are all welcomed. Hope to see you at our jam session August 4, 2013 at 2pm....jr
Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2013 12:29 am    

Oh man! I've got a committment I just can't get out of so I will miss the musicians, emcee, audience, hamburgers, adult beverages, world's best backup band, fun and entertainment for this month's Pedal Steel Guitar Jam. Can I get a raincheck so I can attend next month's event?
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2013 1:51 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

You always have a raincheck Ben...enjoy your time with your wife and we'll see you in September....jr
Dave Goodman

San Antonio, TX, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2013 2:21 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assn

I plan to be there and have a good time as usual. Will miss Ben.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2013 4:04 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Hey "Commander" Dave,
We'll miss Ben for sure but do have a fill in. We will have a good time and some new people have said they will be in attendance. Glad you will be there...jr
Mark Moseley

Brady,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2013 5:28 pm     San Antone thingy

I am looking forward to the next jamb. Everything about it is good. Hope everyone is there (Except you Ben and you draw a bye on this one!) Laughing
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2013 12:56 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

We will have a good time. Come out and enjoy the afternoon on August 4, 2013 at the American Legion Post #593 in Converse Texas. We will have a "4 SALE or Trade" table for those amps, guitars, effect pedals, cds etc. that you may want to trade or sale. Hours are 2pm until 5pm, and all players, no matter what your skill level, are invited to play. We are into sharing knowledge and helping others learn. We have several players that are more than willing to answer questions about the pedal steel, lap steel, or dobro.
Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2013 8:09 am     sasga jam

Hey Ben, the worlds best back up band will truly miss you. Keep those committments, just got home
Sunday from mine. Enjoy buddy, catch ya'l in Sept. Cain't wait Commander Dave warming up the vocals, sure enjoy your pick'n. Oh Mark are we still suppose to be paying attention was that 50 or 100 percent of the time? OOPS!!!!!!!! See everyone on Sunday.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2013 12:56 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Kenny,I would like to say you and Mark do pay attention a little better....very little...maybe I can get some medication for you two. We will have a good time August 4th. We always do...anyone not attending the area jam sessions should try just one. We have a lot of fun and hear some great players and share ideas with each other and in general have fun with fellow steel guitar players. Ken Metcalf has a good jam session in Austin and Billy and Patty Phelps have a good one in Katy. Billys jam session is the first Sunday of most months and I believe Ken's jam session is the third Sunday of the month and San Antonio is the first Sunday of the month through September. We have our last jam session the first Sunday of September and close down until the first Sunday after Super Bowl....come out and join in the fun....jr
Miguel Saldana

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2013 11:26 am    

I'll finally be in town to catch a session. Look forward to hearing everyone play again.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2013 12:14 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

We look forward to having you with us Miguel...bring your guitar and enjoy the fun....jr
Mark Moseley

Brady,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2013 5:42 pm    

Kenny if we have to start paying attention, don't you think that might start a dangerous presedence? Miguel, looking forward to seeing you again.
Till then....
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2013 3:41 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Our August jam session is going to be filled with good steel guitar music and fun for everyone. Players, please be tuned up and ready to play at 2pm. If you're running late, get there soon as you can. Mark and Kenny, "Thank You" for your contribution to making a good jam session...jr
Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2013 9:10 am    

All loaded up and leaving now... be there soon!

San Antonio, TX (Formerly: Slagle, LA)
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2013 8:58 pm     Good times!

My daughter and I had a great time today. We're looking forward to next month.

1996 Carter D-10 8x8
Highway One Fender Telecaster w/ Hip Shot B-Bender
Fender Nashville Deluxe Power Telecaster
Roland Cube 80X and Cube 60
Peavey Classic 50 (4x10)
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2013 1:52 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Rusty, we enjoyed having you and your daughter...she is a singer...Thank you for your contribution to tha jam session...no one knows you as Rusty..they all call you Vince Gill...great singing...hope to see you Sept. 1 for our last jam session of this year...give me a call if you would...jr
Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2013 7:03 pm    

Sure was a good jam... looking forward to Sep 1st!