| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rare Bird-Fender PS 210-at LA Vintage Guitar Show July 13-14
Ben Elder

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2013 2:55 pm    

I'm not posting this in the interest of aiding the sale, as I have no dog in this fight. (Indeed, I have a slight amount of antipathy toward the seller...or perhaps the obnoxious son.) Hence I'm posting under Pedal Steel rather than in the classified section.

Nevertheless, in the interest of rare and notable (and in this case, short-lived, overly ambitious but ultimately unsuccessful) instruments, I present photos of the legendary Fender PS 210 keyless pedal steel of circa 1970. I photographed this today (7/13) at the vintage guitar show at the Glendale Civic Auditorium.

I didn't ask the price (didn't want to engage) but if anyone wants to pursue this, I can provide seller contact info by email or PM. There is also a two-day show put on by the same promoters in San Rafael/Northern California in two weeks July 27-28. I do not know for a fact that this seller will be there.

A previous discussion of the PS210 and variations:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=187943&highlight=fender+gene+fields

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2013 3:35 am    

Any East coast players wishing to view one of these units up close and personal, Billy Cooper has a nice example hanging on the wall in his shop.