| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2013 11:49 am    

San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc will hold a jam session July7, 2013 at the William Randolph American Legion Post #593 at 326 W. Legion in Converse Texas. Hour will be from 2 pm until 5 pm and all players are welcome to join in no matter what your skill level. Our featured player will be an ENCORE performance by Roger Edgington playing non-pedal steel guitar. This is a treat for all of us, pedal players and non-pedal players alike. Players are asked to be tuned up and ready to play at 2 pm. The American Legion will have food available and the canteen will be open to sell your favorite beverage. Our "4 Sale" table will be open to sell your unwanted music oriented items such as guitars, fiddles, amps, cds, lesson books etc. Come out and enjoy the fun. We have these jam sessions to learn from each other and get to know fellow steel players. Hope to see you July 7, 2013.
Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2013 8:10 am    

Holy copedent Batman! It's time for our monthly pedal steel guitar get-together (and non-pedal people, too!). It's always such great fun to hangout with the coolest people on the planet (steel guitarists, of course), play some tunes, eat some hamburgers or snausages, and enjoy a beverage. I can't stay and talk right now because I have to get busy and call all my friends. See you there!
Dave Goodman

San Antonio, TX, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2013 2:10 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assn

I plan to attend again. As usual it should be quite enjoyable.
Mark Moseley

Brady,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2013 4:55 pm     san antone

Looking forward to Roger's set with the non-pedal. I know it will be good!
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2013 5:17 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Ben, Dave "Commander" and Mark...we've got a good start for a great jam session...glad you'll all be there...Dave hasn't missed one yet..even with broken ribs...jr
Mike Ester

New Braunfels, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2013 5:41 am    

I actually have a gig at the Geronimo VFW on that date. I'll have to miss this one.

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2013 6:02 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

We'll miss you Mike...but you gotta make it while it's there...jr
Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2013 6:51 pm     mike

Mike we will truely miss your picken again with us next momth. Enjoy your picken at Geromino.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2013 2:30 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

TTT....jr
Dean Schilling

Post  Posted 2 Jul 2013 7:59 am    

I'll see y'all Sunday Very Happy

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2013 8:04 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Sounds like a plan Dean...see you then...jr
Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2013 9:23 pm     Seeing everyone

It will be neat to see you Roger on your non-pedal, can't wait. Also picken with you Comander Dave, Mark, Dean,and Ben,oh you to Joe, and the hole dog gone butch. Going to work this early wee hour. See ya'l Sunday and have a happy 4th of July.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2013 12:56 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Sunday July 7, 2013 will be another great jam session here in San Antonio, Texas. As before said we will start at 2 pm and finish up at 5 pm or later if we need extra time for everyone to get to play and have more fun. Roger Edgington will do an encore as our featured player and using his non pedal guitars. Our band is ready to go and we have I believe 8 steel guitar players who have committed to play. We always have room for 1, or 2 or 10 if they would like to enjoy the fun. Food and beverages(both regular and adult) and a good time is always had by all....Joe Rouse
Place; American Legion Post #593, 326 W. Legion Dr. Converse Texas
Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2013 4:12 pm    

Well, we had a wonderful time again, as always... thanks, Joe, you really know how to put on a great jam.

And Roger brought the non-pedal magic... along with Mark Moseley and me, the pedal steels were out-numbered!

Loved it to death... see y'all next month.

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2013 6:00 pm     Woa Stephen

How great it was to play with YOU and the non-pedals. Boy was Roger a hoot with his non-pedal!!! Nothing like a Sunday afternoon with good people and great jammers. Thanks to all of YA'LL.
Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2013 6:41 pm     Vince

Hey Joe - All the girls at the American Legion vote to have Vince Gill back forever! And this is not KP talking.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2013 3:07 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Vince Gill was Rusty Wilson. Great singer and plays lead for a group here in SA and is now learning the pedal steel. A great singer and guitar player. Rusty is doing it right by taking psg lessons from Don Pack at Dellview Music.
I'm going to take this time for all who attended and played at our jam session. First, Roger Edgington and his wife Judy for supporting the jam sessions and Roger was fantastic on his non-pedal steel. Everyone was wowed. Mark Moseley played non pedal and rhythm and did both well. Mark is also one of our committee members. And then there is my friend Stephen Cowell. Stephen is a non-pedal player that supports our jam sessions and ready to play and play well at each jam session. Our band consists of Ken Piper on fiddle, rhythm guitar and vocals, Ryan Goeth on drums and is an asset. And a great guy. Once again Mark Moseley on guitar, and the "Ben Price" on bass and vocals. Ben is another of our assets and we do appreciate him. And then we have our brass section...Dean Schilling on trumpet and really does it right, and another of the good guys. One more remark about Ken Piper and his wife Jorja. Ken and Jorja arrive at the American Legion 2 1/2 hours early to set up the PA system and help set up the hall for the jam session. They also are at the hall about an hour after the jam session to take down the PA system and help with the other players.Thanks to all.
Big "THANK YOU" to American Legion Post #593 for the facility and hospitality. Also to those attending and the filling the Donation Can for the rent on the hall and the remainder going to the Wounded Warriors Foundation. August 4, 2013 will be our next jam session and our last jam session of the year will be Labor Day. Those who did not attend missed a lot of fun and great country and western swing live music...jr
Dean Schilling

Post  Posted 8 Jul 2013 6:34 am    

Very Happy What more can I say... it was a great afternoon, we played well together, and the folks really enjoyed themselves! Thanks to Joe and the American Legion for making this jam possible, along with all the players, and especially those like Steve who drove a considerable distance in this traffic.

San Antonio, TX (Formerly: Slagle, LA)
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2013 8:27 am     First-timer...

Thanks to everyone for making this wannabe-steeler feel so welcome and for putting up with my sloppy playing. I promise to have my amp issues worked out before next month, and maybe I will actually work up a song or two so I'll be better prepared to call one out. Also, Thanks for the kind words and the Vince Gill comparison. I am truly humbled.

Roger Edgington was incredible, Who needs pedals when you can play like that? What a player and a very nice guy as well!

I also wanted to give a shout out to Don Pack for coming out yesterday. It was really nice to see him there, and I can't say enough about what a great teacher he is. Anyway, thank you all so much for making this kid feel welcome. I hope to see you all next month.

1996 Carter D-10 8x8
Highway One Fender Telecaster w/ Hip Shot B-Bender
Fender Nashville Deluxe Power Telecaster
Roland Cube 80X and Cube 60
Peavey Classic 50 (4x10)
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2013 9:27 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

We're happy to have you Rusty. Come back every chance you have....jr
Mark Moseley

Brady,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2013 5:43 pm     fun

Gosh that was fun! Roger you were just as good on non Pedal as pedal. Thanks for sharing chords with us and techniques and tunings. It means a lot to us for you to come and play. Hats off to all the performers and fellow band meisters! Seems like everyone had a great time, I know I did. Thanks Joe for pulling it together. Looking forward to next time.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2013 2:38 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Hey Mark, we did have a good jam session didn't we. Thank you again for your contribution and talents....jr
Roger Edgington

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2013 6:57 am    

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. I don't have a chance to play non-pedal much and I sure enjoyed it. Rusty come back and sing more Vince Gill and I'll have my pedal steel next time and attempt to do some John Hughey. Thanks Jimmy Blado for setting in on my set. I enjoyed your singing and playing. We really do have fun. Come out and join us. It doesn't matter what level you play at we're all there to learn and have fun. Thanks to Kenny and the band.
Kudos to Joe for putting this all together.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2013 2:41 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Thank you Roger for the great non-pedal set you performed for us and also your willingness to help anyone who asks. We appreciate your participation.
Dean Schilling

Post  Posted 17 Jul 2013 9:02 am    

Hey Roger, always wondered about that picture...

you must have one pooaaawerful converter running under that Ford hood takin' care of your amp ! Very Happy Laughing Very Happy