| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Pedal Steel Guitar Assoc. Inc
Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2006 12:07 pm    

I, for one, truly enjoy getting my newsletter from The PSGA. Great articles, news, and always a fresh arrangement from Chuck Lettes and sometimes, others. It's well worth the $25.00 per year membership. I believe you can join by emailing Bob Maickel at, bobpsga@optonline.net.

------------------
Mullen, Royal Precision, D10, Peavey Nashville 112, DD3, Peavey Session 2000, Goodrich L120 VP.

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2006 4:07 pm    

Jim-Thanks for the post on the PSGA Newlseter, Bob Maickel , Pres: Great guy and long time Steel Player, who has been there and back.. Everyone that is interested in steel guitar should join this fine Organization. As you say, "Well worth the $25. a year. I have been a member from almost the beginning around 30 years ago. I look forwad to it every month....al

PSGA Email
bobpsga@optonline.net
------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

[This message was edited by Al Marcus on 28 August 2006 at 05:21 PM.]

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2006 6:13 pm    

I have been a member for many years. A great bunch of guys operate the club and their newsletter is outstanding and informative. Jody
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2006 6:42 pm    

I started a thread about Bob Maickel some years ago. The topic has since been closed, if I were able to revive the thread, how would I do so.?
Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2006 8:21 am    

Jody, you use the "Search" link (top-right of the page) find the right thread, and past the URL in this thread.

I searched for "Maickel" keyword and your user name... and found this old thread in bar chatter. That thread wasn't actually started by you, but you're posts are there and it's a lot about Bob Maickel and the PSGA.

------------------
HagFan

[This message was edited by Ron Page on 29 August 2006 at 09:40 AM.]

Mike Gross

Manchester, Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2006 9:42 am    

I will definitely throw my sombrero up for Bob also. He works hard for the class operation that he is president for and it really shows. The November event weekend is another example of the excellence of the PSGA

------------------
Mike
Roy Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2006 10:38 am    

Bob is everything said about him above -- and, in addition, is a generous supporter of the steel guitar world. A good example of his generosity is the recent event where my mail stopped being forwarded to me from our home in Florida to Tennessee where we have been for several months. Several issues of the PSGA Newsletter mailed to me were returned to Bob by the Post Office. He took money from his own pocket to bundle up the missed issues and mail them to me in Tennessee.

This leads me to another thought. You should all be aware that Bob operates the association on a skinny budget, often supplementing the organization's costs with his personal funds. A little contribution to the PSGA from all of us from time to time would be in order -- but he's just not the kind of man that would ask for donations. If you are going to be at the convention, stop by the PSGA booth and at least thank Bob for his work in operating the organization and publishing the PSGA newsletter.

------------------

Visit my Web Site at RoysFootprints.com
Browse my Photo Album and be sure to sign my Guest Book.

Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2006 11:06 am    

Thanks, Jim, for starting this thread. The PSGA Newsletter has been the longest running steel guitar magazine. Sadly, it's also one of the few that has survived over the years. Bob and his crew never miss a deadline for an issue; it's always on time and it's a bargain. I love reading about the various shows across the United States, and I especially enjoy the annual PSGA Convention in Norwalk. What a well-run show! I second Roy's idea. Stop by the PSGA booth at the St. Louis Convention and say hi to Bob and his staff. They are all friends of the steel guitar community.
Chuck
Bob Maickel

Floral Park, NY
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2006 2:03 pm    

Wow! I'm flabbergasted. Thanks to Jim Saunders and everyone who posted on this thread for the very nice comments. I really appreciate it.

PSGA has grown beyond my wildest expectations over the past 33 years. It's a labor of love of the steel guitar and the satisfaction to know that we are helping fellow steel guitarists improve their playing ability, while informing the general public of the exceptional beautiful musical qualities of the instrument.

It's not a one man job. Our dedicated volunteers, especially our elected officers, are the foundation upon which the PSGA stands. Without their continued support and hard work we would not exist.

One correction: The annual dues are $27 (USD) in the USA & Canada and $30 in all other countries. We offer a free sample of our publication and will have a limited number available at our booth at the ISGC. (next to Goodrich)
Don Sulesky

Citrus County, FL, Orig. from MA & NH
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2006 2:14 am    

The PSGA is by far one of the best things that has been over the years to help further the interest and awareness of the steel guitar. As Bob has said without the very dedicated officers and folks who unselfishly give of their time and energy this organization would not have lasted and grown as it has over the years. I am glad to be a part of it in my own small way of contributing tabs and helping at the shows when able to travel from Florida. Good Luck and best wishes for a long time to come.
Don
Bill Stroud

Dresden, Tennessee, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2006 5:51 am    

They are the greatest folks that you would want to meet.
Thanks Bob and crew for such a great job, and for supporting the Steel Guitar Industry.
Bill