| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jordan Boss Tone vs: Show Bud model question?
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2013 8:30 am    

I have two Boss Tones. One is a Jordan Electronic's original but the two control knobs are busted off. I have another one that looks identical except it has a silver sticker on the back that says Sho Sound, Nashville, TN. I assume that this is Sho Bud. Is there any difference in these two units, other than one says Jordan and one says Sho Sound? Does this make any difference in the value of them? I am thinking about selling one or both. If anybody is interested in the Jordan with the control knobs broken, make me an offer.
Bo Borland

South Jersey -
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2013 6:09 am    

I had 2 Sho Sound models when new.. I was under the impression that Jordan/Roland was the manufacturer of all of them ..
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2013 11:41 am    

There were two distinct models, one with a PNP/NPN configuration, and one with a PNP/PNP configuration. The difference between the two, in both sound and price, really isn't worth mentioning. Working models in good shape are now bringing from $75-$150. I've repaired a couple with broken knobs by making new knobs out of...dimes! Mr. Green

In a similar manner, I've made a few Fender 1000 pulleys using nickels for the pulley sheaves (wheels). Winking

No doubt about it, money comes in handy...when you need something small, flat, and round. Cool
Paul Honeycutt

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2013 2:26 pm    

I believe Mahoney Pedals can fix your Boss Tone knobs. They make repros (Buzz Tone). http://mahoneyguitargear.com/index.htm

I picked up an original Boss Tone last year at a pawn shop for $20.00. I paid for it and ran before they realized what it could be worth.