| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ****New West Texas Steel Guitar School****9/13 & 9/14
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 14 May 2013 10:28 am    

Hello Fellow Steelers!
Anouncing a new steel guitar school September 13 & 14 this year. This one will be a beginner to intermediate e9th class. I restate in a later post that I am excited to have Jim Loessberg as my guest teacher. I think he is one of the best there is. I look forward to hearing from you and having you at the West Texas Steel Guitar School. Please give me a call and lets talk. There are about 30 days before the school.as I am editing this post..so let's get geared up and learn some steel!
Later,
Larry Toliver
www.westtexassteelguitarschool.com
larry@westtexassteelguitarschool.com
325-518-3947

Last edited by Larry Toliver on 8 Aug 2013 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clinton Damron

Cleburne Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2013 4:58 pm    

Put me down for a beginner E9 class.
Richard Smelker

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2013 5:56 pm    

Put me in for the E9th beginners class too - PM sent
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 15 May 2013 7:03 pm    

Well....it looks like the beginner to intermediate will be the one....So...away we go and get geared up for E9th steel guitar to the MAX! Immersed in it for 2 solid days. Can you think of any thing any better??? Not if you're a steeler!!! There are 2 for sure students so far, and I'll probably stop about 8 students, so I can give plenty of attention to each students needs. Get geared up and be ready to be serious....but lots of fun too!
Later,
Larry Toliver
325.518.3947 cell
Richard Smelker

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2013 8:35 am    

Larry -
Payment for class is in the mail today

I am excited - I wish the class was sooner Whoa! Very Happy
Richard Smelker

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2013 4:34 am    

Only 118 days to go before Steel School Very Happy Very Happy
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 18 May 2013 3:44 pm    

Richard,
I'm really glad you are excited about the steel school. It will be a blast...I guarantee! I am now looking for about 5 more students to get in gear and come too! I have 3 others that are close to coming as well. Take care.
Larry T
Lee Barber

Sweeny, TX, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2013 10:54 am    

WHAT no C6th??????

Post  Posted 19 May 2013 6:49 pm    

We'll figure something out Lee. Gear up and come on. I'll split some time with you or something and get you some C6th.
Larry T
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 25 May 2013 2:31 pm    

Good news! I got a commitment for this school from Jim Loessberg. As you know, one of the best there is at playing, teaching, and an overall good guy. Jim has played with such country greats as Ray Price and Johnny Bush. So gear up for some great stuff. I've got this school packed with good tab, backing tracks, great songs, skill building exercises, and everything you'll need to get your picking to the next level. So come on down!
Larry Toliver
325-518-3947 cell

Last edited by Larry Toliver on 3 Jun 2013 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richard Smelker

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2013 5:49 pm     Now I'm real excited

Larry,
Now I'm even more excited about the school - I just bought a Sho-Bud Pro D-10 from the forum. Should get it next week or so. Wow, 2 necks, 8 pedals and 4 knee levers... Whoa! Still trying to figure out the one lever on the Maverick!!!

Looking forward to the school - can I work on E9 and C6?... Muttering that might be overload for my brain Very Happy

My older brother says I now have PSG syndrome...
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 3 Jun 2013 8:24 pm    

Richard,
I don't think your brain will be on overload til about......5:30 on Saturday. Then it will be definitely crowded with all sorts of STEEL STUFF. Enough to energize your picking, and enough thought processes to jump to the next level of playing. This school session will be a good one to attend.

I want to personally invite everyone who wants to, to come on out to Texas. The water is fine...so jump on in! Let's talk about the classes and work it out for YOU!

Larry Toliver
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 19 Jun 2013 8:12 pm    

I'm still looking for about 2 or 3 more steelers. Please spread the word and check and see if there is anyone wanting to come to the steel school. I'd love to talk with you if possible.
Larry Toliver
325.518.3947 cell
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 21 Jun 2013 6:25 am    

Well, just got a call from another steeler....Mack Quinney is coming to the school. This makes 4 students committed so far for this class. Sure would like to round out the class with about 6 students. GIMME A CALL.
Larry Toliver
Mack Quinney

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2013 7:21 am     West Texas Steel Guitar School

Larry,
Nice talking with you on the phone today. Put me down for the September class. I completed my contact info on your website. I'll put the check in the mail to you next week.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks

Mack

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2013 11:30 am     Only 49 more days!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Only 49 more days until the steel guitar school - I am geting more excited by the day. I have actually figured out the pedals and knee levers on my Sho-Bud Professional - Confused haven't got used to using them all the time.

I know that the school will save me a lot of time and take me to the next level. I am playing three times a week with our church band and practicing as much as I can. I am also trying to figure out how all the mechanism works (pedals, half stops, levers, raise and lower fingers, etc.) Sure wish I had studied mechanical engineering instead of aerospace!

Very Happy Whoa! Very Happy Very Happy
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 6 Aug 2013 9:25 am    

Hey Fellow Steelers!!!!
I am puttin' in a big plug for the beginner to intermediate steel school for E9th that we will be having on September 13th & 14th. I have Jim Loessberg coming in for my guest teacher, and as you know.....he is a fantastic player. We will cover some basics and techniques, intros, endings, chords, how to jam a little bit, learn some songs, hear some great pickin', meet some new friends, and I PROMISE, you'll have one of the best times you'll ever had. So, get on that phone or email and gimme a shout. Come on out the West Texas Steel Guitar School.

Larry Toliver
325.518.3947 cell
Richard Smelker

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2013 8:52 am     Steel School

35 days and counting Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Looking forward to the school Larry Very Happy
Clinton Damron

Cleburne Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2013 6:52 am    

Can I bring a shot gun and do some dove hunting while I'm there? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Richard Smelker

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2013 3:43 pm    

Clinton - Come on down to Winters, Texas on September 7th. It's our annual Dove fest: Hunting, food, entertainment and fun!! Very Happy Very Happy
Clinton Damron

Cleburne Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2013 10:31 am    

Richard Smelker wrote:
Clinton - Come on down to Winters, Texas on September 7th. It's our annual Dove fest: Hunting, food, entertainment and fun!! Very Happy Very Happy

Tell me more Very Happy I am free that weekend to blast some birds Razz
Richard Smelker

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2013 2:25 pm    

Clinton - Go to the city website - the date is for last year, this year it's on the 7th but the contact people and times are correct. The website is www.winters-tx.us There is a gunshow downtown and other entertainment as it shows on the site. Hope this helps
Tony Tims

Roanoke, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2013 4:45 pm     School

Sign me up! Great talking to you Larry. Looking forward to spending a few days in the class.

Post  Posted 16 Aug 2013 4:42 am    

Hello again fellow steelers!
Well the September 13th & 14th class is a nice one with 6 students committed to come at this time. I do have room for a couple more if you would like. Wouldn't you like to sharpen your skills, JAM a little better, put that chord you've been hearing on that special song.....you've always wanted to play that certain lick....in that certain song.....put those chimes....in at the right time......what was that chord they were using????.....how did they do that lick on .......???...???....Well, c'mon down to the West Texas Steel Guitar School and we can make it happen! If you are wanting that special song or special ride that somenoe took on that song years ago.....then call me and let me know.....more than likely I can tab it out for you. If I am unable....then I'll get with my team of steelers and someone will have it AND you will then too. I taylor the school for you and your wants and desires. So give me a call and let's go!
Larry Toliver
Richard Smelker

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2013 6:31 am     24 more days

Only 24 more days to wait until steel school.... but then, whose counting? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(besides me!)