| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1958 Supro Console Eight - SOLD PLEASE CLOSE
Noah Miller

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2013 1:12 pm    

I've played top-of-the-line Gibsons, Fenders and Magnatones, but to my ears, this is the best-sounding steel I've ever heard. Then why am I selling it, you ask? I just closed the deal on the double-neck version. Mr. Green

The Supro catalog calls it the model 1425B "Console Eight" (how creative!). As you might guess, it has eight strings and three detachable legs - it sits fine on your lap as well. It has the regular volume and tone controls, plus a tone control bypass switch (unique among Valco steels, I believe). This switch allows for quick switching between rhythm and lead tones if you roll the tone control back. The pickup is an under-string unit that's a little less raw than the famous string-through pickup but has hotter output (I think it sounds in between a string-through and a P90). It can do clean or dirty sounds with equal aplomb.

The guitar is all original as far as I can tell. There are some minor nicks and scuffs, but the finish is intact all over. It is missing the Supro logo on the pickup cover, as well as one of the thumbscrews that hold the cover in place (it stays in place perfectly well without). The electronics are loud, clear, and free from scratchiness. The original case is beat-up and the center clasp is broken, but it works well enough for everyday use.

$SOLD shipped in the US. Not looking for trades. The best way to reach me is by PM.

Last edited by Noah Miller on 10 Apr 2013 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeff Au Hoy

Honolulu, Hawai'i
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2013 4:29 am    

PM sent Very Happy
Jimmy Roy

VANCOUVER, BC
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2013 11:22 am    

Hey Noah
I'll take it if it's still available. thanks