| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Birthday Steel Jam for Austin Stewart
Dana Stewart

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2006 3:49 pm    

Hi everyone. Austin Stewart is having his 12th. birthday. We have decided that the best birthday party we could give him would be one where he could play music with his buddies.

We want to invite any of you steel pickers out there who want to come. I realize that you that are so far away, won't be able to make it, but you are welcome if you happen to be in the area.

The jam will be held on Sunday June 11th. at 1pm. It will be at the E&J Country Music Hall in Muldrow OK. That address is 1404 S. Main, Muldrow OK. You can call Jerry Newberry for directions if you like: 1-479-474-1179

Come and bring your steel guitars and jam with Austin, or just come and listen. We will have cake and ice cream. No gifts are needed. We do ask that if you plan to come, please email or call to let us know. We need an idea of how much cake to have on hand.

Thank you and we hope to see you at the jam.

Dana Stewart

PS: This is a surprise for Austin. He knows he is having a small birthday party, but does not know we plan to have the jam with all his steelin buddies.

[This message was edited by Dana Stewart on 30 May 2006 at 04:51 PM.]

Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2006 4:34 pm    

Dana........Mom and I will be on Catalina or I'd be there for certain. Please give him my best wishes.
Dana Stewart

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2006 5:03 pm    

No problem Larry. We thought of this at the last minute, so it's short notice for everyone. We will miss ya, but we understand. We will tell Austin happy birthday for ya.

Dana
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2006 5:29 pm    

I would love to come do some jammin' with Austin and help him celebrate big #12.
Jerry
Dana Stewart

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2006 5:56 pm    

Jerry, we are counting on you and Carlene being there. Jerry Jr. and the rest of the family are welcome as well.
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 May 2006 7:13 pm    

Happy Birthday Austin. You are my favorite steel player. Jody.
Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2006 7:40 pm    

Happy Birthday, Austin! We can't be with you on your special day but wanted to send birthday greetings! What a great talent God has given you! Enjoy your day!
Jerry and Venda
Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 30 May 2006 9:36 pm    

I wish I could be there to hear him play again. Everytime I hear him he gets better. However I will be on my way back from Tennessee with Mel, we are working fanfair and the opry June 10th. Otherwise I would be there with bells on. Please wish Austin a happy birthday from everyone here at the Ozark Steel Guitar Association.

Terry Bethel
Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 31 May 2006 4:02 am    

What a cool birthday party!
I'd be there just to hear Austin play.
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 31 May 2006 7:29 am    

A great big "Happy Birthday" Austin. This young man is very special to us. Dana we thank you for the invitation but I'll be out in West Texas working with the Brazos Valley Boys. Barbara and I would love to have been able to come celebrate this special young man's birthday with your family as well as with Jerry and Donna.
Love you all,
...Roy and Barbara

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Andy Hinton

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 May 2006 2:51 pm    

Can't make it on his birthday, but you can bet he'll get an early party in Oak Grove this Saturday. I'm suguesting to Co. Jack & Billy that he be the Featured Artist for this jam. Thanks for the invite. HAPPY 12th birthday Austin. Andy H.
Dana Stewart

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2006 5:40 pm    

Thank you all for your well wishes to Austin. We are honored that you that live so far away would even think of trying to make it. We will pass your good wishes on to Austin. You guys and gals all mean the world to us and to Austin.

Dana
Rob Parker

Paducah, Kentucky, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 May 2006 8:21 pm    

Austin,
Happy up-coming birthday...I cannot make your b-day jam, as I will be in East Tennessee for two weeks.....but we can get a head start on your celebration next Saturday...I will be playing the Oak Grove show, so I will see you there...
Many ,many more happy b-days to you my friend....

Rp...'come on in'...
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2006 3:49 am    

See you there Rob. Have a safe trip. Donna
Dana Stewart

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2006 4:08 am    

Rob and Andy,

Austin is looking forward to being in LA. He had fun last year. Hope everyone has a safe trip there.
Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2006 4:45 am    

Austin, I wish you a most Happy Birthday! I can't make the party, so you can have my piece of cake.
David Dyson

Maumelle, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2006 6:38 am    

Happy up-coming birthday...You are a special and very talented young man. We hope you will be at Ronnie's on June 9th & 10th. Keep on playin...We love to hear you play. David and Jean
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2006 11:25 am    

David, Austin and Jerry will be at Ronnie's on Friday. Then Austin and I have to go home so he can go to Ks. to play Saturday. Jerry will be at Ronnies Saturday too. Thanks for the upcoming birthday wishes. Donna
Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2006 4:15 pm    

A big ole Happy 12th Birthday to to Austin!!!!! We love you very much. We can't be there but we'll be thinking of you with all that cake and icecream!!!
Randy Candler

Yuma, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2006 4:21 pm    

Hey Dana,I just told Jonathan that you guys were having a party for Austin He said ILL GO! Maybe sometime we can come visit we would love to be there to celebrate with you guys. we send our love and hope he has a great day! Randy
Dana Stewart

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2006 6:45 pm    

Randy,

Wish you guys were not so far away, Austin would be thrilled if Jonathan could jam with him. I imagine we would have to drag them home, they would not want to stop picking.

Buck & Mitz: Thank you for the well wishes. Austin loves you both, and we do as well.
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2006 8:09 am    

Airplane Wishes 1
Airplane Wishes 2
Have a good one!!! wish I could be there!!!!!!!!!
Larry Strawn

Golden Valley, Arizona, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2006 8:23 am    

I've never met this young man, but have heard nothing but good things about him on the SGF!!

I would like to send my best wishes for a very happy Birthday, and many more to come.

Larry

------------------
"Fessy" S/D 12, 8/6 Hilton Pedal, Sessions 400 Ltd. Home Grown E/F Rack
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"

Ron Frederiksen

Van Buren, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2006 8:40 pm    

Hey Dana, We will be there. Wouldnt miss it for anything. You know what Linda and I think about Austin. Ron.
Dana Stewart

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2006 4:01 am    

Thanks everyone. I haven't shown any of your best wishes to Austin yet, since the jam is a surprise (we hope anyway). I'll let him read your posts after the jam. His birthday is actually the 15th.

Ron, we knew we could count on you and Linda to be there. You guys spoil him rotton. We love you guys.

Austin is now on his way home from Oak Grove, LA. I have not heard all the details, but it sounds like he had a blast. Every time I talked to Mom he was on stage jamming with the guys. I talked to him last night before he went to bed, and he said his rear end was sore from sitting on his guitar seat all day. He sounded excited about it though. Thanks to the LA. guys for letting him have so much fun.