| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A Well Deserved Tribute
James Cann

Phoenix, AZ
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2013 11:22 am    

If you don't know yet, I'd like you all to know of Walter Killam of Omaha, NE, who shows the spirit and faith to which we all might aspire.

On a recent trip I was invited to sit in on a local group's rehearsal, but for reasons anyone here might accept, travelling by air with my guitar was problematic. More, appreciating how proprietary any of us could be about equipment, I didn't expect much from a straightforward request to borrow a local guitar for the event. Within an hour of posting, I heard from Killam who offered his Magnum SD-10.

Long story short, it all went off without a hitch, the rehearsal was a pleasure, and it was my greater pleasure to host him and his to dinner at, as it turned, a favorite restaurant.

Deeds and attitude such as Killam's well deserve the right kind of regard, and I'm very pleased to owe it to him. Thank you very much indeed, Walter, and every good wish.
Walter Killam

Nebraska, USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2013 5:50 am    

Hi James, thanks for the kind words. It was very nice meeting you and your son, I'm glad I was able to help you out!

I don't get to talk to a lot of steel players around here, if you visit Omaha again maybe I can get the guys together for a jam, or just chat about steel over a glass of tea.

Carry on & Happy Steeling