| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  No G lever that raises the 7th string a half step
Rick Lawrence

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2013 3:36 pm    

I am learning through the Mickey Adams videos and on video BEX14: D7, G lever programming, I noticed on my guitar that I cannot raise the 7th string with a knee lever. I have a MSA D-10 8-5. Is there a way to find out how I could have a knee lever raise the 7th string? is it time to bust out the allen wrenches? Thanks in advance. Rick Very Happy
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2013 3:59 pm    

Do you drop 6 to F#? If so, then you can use it split with the B pedal to get G (you'll need to add a raise rod to the lowering bellcrank to have the ability to tune the G AND the F#).
I haven't had that change in 31 years, myself.
EDIT: if you have slender fingers, you can pull the string with your left ring finger behind the bar.
Clete Ritta

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2013 4:03 pm    

Some folks raise 1 and 7, others raise 1 and lower 6, and still others use variants including string 2. Whats on your guitar?

You can get the same notes as in the lesson using a string 6 lower instead as Lane mentioned. Before you go changing your copedent, see if it is available another way, and whether you really need to have a change altered or added.

Clete
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2013 6:44 pm     psg

I find the G note on my LKL. I can tune to lower the G# a whole tone to a F# but I like the feel of just lowering to G and adding the 1st pedal to get some of the old Hughey things from years ago. Just using the G# to G lower by itself also opens up a new avenue for rock & roll, as well as, speed pickin' licks. With my set up, I have everything set for a particular reason. Very simple , for a simple mind! Like me. Ha! Seriously though, I like comfort and a guitar that's trouble free all night. Good luck.