| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mike Johnson Seminar Info - Dallas
Mike Johnson

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2013 2:15 pm    

Many of you have been asking about the Seminar I’m hosting in Dallas on March 7th. Hopefully this will give you an idea of the concept.

There have been so many times I would have loved to sit down with some of my heroes, like Buddy, John, Hal or Lloyd; just to name a few; and find out as much as I possibly could about every aspect of their playing. I wouldn’t even put my name in the same sentence with these great players, but I feel very blessed to be making a living playing steel. This Seminar is my chance to pass along what I’ve found to work for me over the years and give you “my take on steel guitar”.

I’ll cover my technique, my gear, my practice time, along with my approach to studio and live playing. In no way will I tell you that anything I do is the only way you should do things, but it is what works for me. I really feel like much of it could work for you too. I think there will be something for everyone, from those of you just beginning to play, to those who are quite advanced.

I will also be breaking down intros, solos, and licks that some of you have ask about.
Jeff Surratt of Show Pro Steel Guitars will speak about the workings and maintenance of your steel, which will be very interesting for all of us.
Joanie will be with me, so we will probably do a little pickin’ to break things up.

I think it will be fun. Just go to my website, sign up, and come join us.
www.mikejohnsonproductions.com
Dennis Lee

Forest Grove, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2013 11:29 am     Hello Mike

You're a very humble man, and that makes me look up to you all the more, sir. I am in awe of your talents and could only hope to attain a small degree of your playing ability. Wish I could be in Dallas, just to be in the same room with you! Bless you, Mike.
Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2013 9:10 am    

Dennis, you're so right. Mike is very humble and his beautiful playing is the icing on the cake. Folks won't want to miss him in Dallas.
Dennis Lee

Post  Posted 18 Feb 2013 12:44 pm     Hi Tommy!

Thank you for chiming in, Tommy. Now I am in awe of you as a responder to my comments. You're a very gracious and humble man, and that is why you are so great in my eyes and those of everyone else. Bless you too, Tommy. I am in the company of rare talent and real gentlemen.
joe wright

Jackson, Michigan
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2013 10:39 am    

Want to remind everyone that this is coming up soon. Take the opportunity to learn from a great one...joe
Dennis Lee

Post  Posted 1 Mar 2013 10:36 am     Joe

And that also includes you too, Joe. This thread is rife with names of great pedal steel artists, excluding this author, by the name of Dennis! I admire the support that is shown among artists of this caliber. Amazing!
David Hartley

Post  Posted 1 Mar 2013 12:06 pm     Hey Mike

I arrive on the 7th..

Where's your seminar? How long does it go on til?

Smile
Mike Johnson

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2013 12:53 pm    

Thank you Mr. Joe! Now there's a great player, folks.

David, The seminar is at the DFW Sheraton. It starts at 9am and will wrap up at 4pm. We do still have a few seats available. We look forward to seeing and visiting with you very soon
Joanie Smile