| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Guitar with Floyd Rose and Country Music
GeneRector

Normangee, Texas USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 3:51 am    

Smile Howdy! Has anyone played steel guitar in a country music band that had a lead guitar outfitted with a Floyd Rose? How well does it work for country music songs? I've seen a couple of Floyd Rose demonstrations on You Tube; however not with country music. Do you know of any country music bands that use a Floyd Rose? Your views appreciated! Always, Gene

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 10:40 am    

Don't know why you could'nt use it in country music,PLENTY of guitar pickers [including myself] used guitars with bigsby tail pieces and strats with tremolos while playing country music.YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 11:24 am    

I can't recall seeing a Floyd used in country,but I'm certain the extreme dive-bombs that unit can do would fit a lot of "modern" country. Rolling Eyes
Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 1:09 pm    

I've had a Washburn N5 (Nuno Bettencourt) for a while now. It came with the wrong pickups in it, so I stuck my set of original Velvet Hammers in it (I hope Red is not turning in his grave, but he seemed like a pretty open-minded guy). But it's a great guitar, it definitely has a Floyd on it, and I have used it for some country gigs - it's chicken pickin' good. But it does turn a few heads when I drag it out (this isn't mine, but it looks like pretty much like this one):

The main downside of Floyds is the locking nut, which chokes off the ringing of the strings above the nut. It's not better or worse, but it does sound and feel a bit different. Mostly I play Teles, but sometimes this is a fun axe. It really is very high-quality in every way.