| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nash 400 with a DD-7 Issue
David Dixon

Gadsden, Alabama
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 7:18 pm    

I was playing a gig tonight and my volume went crazy. I could press volume to the floor and the sound would go from loud to none. I have a pretty new DD-7 in the chain by itself. I am playing into a rebuilt from the flood Nash 400. Up until today, never an issue. Took the DD-7 off the chain and finished the show without issue. I was playing with a power cord but have never changed the bettery. I didnt know if that might make a defference with the possibility of a dead battery.

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 7:26 pm     sent pm

david: i sent you a pm....thanks jack
Leonard G. Robertson

Ozark, Mo. USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 7:18 am     nasville 400 problem

David, last week I was playing my nashville 112 with a RV3 at fairly high volume, when we were all startled at a extreme loud burst of sound followed by no amp sound at all. I used the bass player's same power supply but RV3 gave no sound. After playing without RV3 connected, the amp sounded fine. Next a.m. RV3 & amp sounded fine together.
Jerome Hawkes

Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 9:29 am    

dont know if this is the cause, but i have noticed that the old boss pedals came with a hefty wall wart and the new ones come with a cheap lightweight one.

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 11:06 am    

Any power glitches can send a digital pedal into la-la land... unlike an analog pedal, a digital one has the 'capability' to forget what it was supposed to be doing.

Smaller wall-warts are nice... the new ones are switching power supplies, which give more current. Suspect the power connections, or filtering into the AC line... anyone using digital effects etc should also be using a surge-supressor outlet strip or (even better) a filtered box like the Furman rack or (even better!) a battery-backed UPS (big and heavy). It *is* a computer, after all.