| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cube 60 and Steel
James Cann

Phoenix, AZ
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2012 9:45 am    

I'd like to hear comments from anyone with this pairing, particularly on EQ settings for specific tones. I run an LDG through it and am pretty much a clean sound fan, but don't let that stop you from voicing. Thanks, and season's greetings, all!
Gus York

Devon, UK
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2012 1:03 pm     cube 60

Hi James-I have used 2 Cube 60's for the last 8yrs or so, they replaced my Evans FET 500 very quickly! They are brilliant little amps and handle PSG very well.
Everyone seems to be going for the 80's but I'm quite happy where I am with these
little beauties ! I use all the EQ controls at just past the quarter to settings,fairly flat in other words- with delay set at around five to-this is all with a GL 66 on the guitar(S10) plus I still go thru an old Bosstone which may act as a slight pre-amp? not sure if this is so but it all works for me with a very clean sound! If I want to get down and dirty, I just bring the Bosstone into play !
Not sure if this helps? But anyway have good Xmas and New Year. Gus York (UK)

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2012 1:42 pm    

I have a 60 and for small venues it's no problem. I use mine mostly with lap steel/dobro but have used it for steel on occaision for a quick plug-N-play. I even used it with accordion once Rolling Eyes C'mon...I didn't say b@n!0
Micky Byrne

United Kingdom (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2012 11:47 am     Re: Cube 60 and Steel

James, I can testify to Gus York's tone. We both played at a benefit do a few years ago for a dear departed lead Guitarist Roger Dean. Gus had a great tone with his two 60 Cubes. I had my Evan's fet 500...and a sore back. I sold my Evans, but now have two 80Xl's....I still have a Nashville 400 in seperate cabs, with a Neo B/W speaker, but life is easier with the Cubes for sure Very Happy

Micky "scars" Byrne U.K.

www.micky-byrne.co.uk