| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking for some non pedal instruction at Dallas show
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2014 5:55 pm    

I will be at the Dallas show this year as I have been for the last 20 years. However, my interest has changed and I am into the non pedal steel now, whereas before I always ignored it for the most part and went to pedal steel concerts. I have been playing pedal steel since 1969 (off and on), but just lately have become intrigued with the lap steel..I started on one in about 1968 or so, but could hardly wait to get into the pedals, and so really never took the time to learn it very well. I can relate to some of the things on C6th, since I played C6th pedal, but not as much as I would like to. I would love to find some older gentleman who cut his teeth on the old non pedal and would sit down and just show me some things. I would pay you for your time. If you are going to be at the Dallas show, maybe we could find a quiet corner on Thursday afternoon and you could show me some things. Send me an email if you might be interested, or know someone who would be. Thanks in advance for reading this rather lengthy post.
Mark Roeder

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2014 6:10 pm    

John Ely will be there (at this point he is). He does on line lessons so he may be willing to do some instruction down at Dallas. He has a great website with a lot of info
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2014 6:24 pm    

Great. I had contacted John last week about skype lessons but at this point I havent heard back from him. Thanks for that information.
Jerome Hawkes

Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2014 6:37 pm    

it would be nice to eventually get a non-pedal seminar started - even 1/2 day or so. its so rare to get so many good players together in one location.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2014 8:40 pm    

Jeff and I were trying to make that happen in some form. It may yet........