| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Buck Grantham at Gulfport
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2006 4:59 pm    

The DSSGA at Gulfport was great this past Saturday. Mr. Smooth Bill Stafford was great as usual as well as the other players. Buck Grantham as usual played flawless. He again showed his skills by pulling out all the stops and playing his old model push pull. Man what a sound! Watching Buck Grantham makes players like me go home and start working harder on the steel. His tone is ALWAYS second to none, and his choice of material and licks is always the best. The implementation of his licks were flawless I thought. Mr. Buck, you are the one of the BEST! I just wish you would show me something!!!! To all the other players, everyone was great as was the entire show. My compliments to Jim Parker, R.J. Buras, Bert Courrege, Charlie Moore, and all the other great players as well. This is what a great show is made of.
Curt Shoemaker

Ionia, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2006 5:49 pm    

All the above Danny!!!
R.C. Vick

Moss Point, Ms., USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2006 6:30 pm    

Hearing those guys are the reason I sold everything I had pertaining to steel and decided to listen to THEM. Honestly, I would love to play even simple things, but just dont have the coordination and musical skills. I can stand on one toe and hit a fastball, but playing music, #########. Mr. Buck became one of my favorites last year at the spring Gulfport show.
Roland Buras

Kiln, MS, 45 miles east of New Orleans off I-10 USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2006 8:13 pm    

Hey Danny; it was Good to see you Saturday, but, next time you show up at Gulfport without a steel guitar you gonna get(*^&^%$&^$%$@^_)*)_+)(*(^*& yea' and i mean it.

Your Buddy;

R J Buras
Excel SD12 8x5
Roland Buras

Kiln, MS, 45 miles east of New Orleans off I-10 USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2006 8:48 pm    

Mr Buck granthum and Miss Mitzy are wonderful people. I appreciate them supporting the Gulfport Ms Steel guitar show. Mitzy is always willing to help us out with pictures and support our show. Mr Buck your playing is awesome, an inspiring moment for beginners like me to watch your hands, feet and knees at work on the most amazing instrument in the world, the Steel guitar. Hopefully one day i may be able to sit up there and encourage others to play steel as you have me. again thanks for all your support in gulfport.

Your steel admirer

R J Buras
Excel SD12 8x5
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2006 9:11 pm    

Danny comming from a good steel player like you are i do appreciate the compliments that you gave me. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Jim
Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2006 8:41 am    

Well Thanks guys and ladies. Mitzi and I had a great time. That was one BIG fellowship and we loved it. That's what makes these shows so special,like one big family. Already looking forward to the next one.. Love , Buck & Mitzi

[This message was edited by Buck Grantham on 07 February 2006 at 08:42 AM.]

[This message was edited by Buck Grantham on 07 February 2006 at 08:43 AM.]

Charlie Moore

Deville, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2006 5:21 pm    

I can tell ya this the band was FANTASTIC,Wayne,Ben,Hal and my Buddy..Buck made it easy.. for me and i mean it too...c ya..next time..Charlie...
Howard Tate

Leesville, Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2006 9:21 am    

I feel so bad that I had to miss this one, I know it was wonderful. I agree about Buck and Mitzi, wonderful people and so much talent. One of my treasures is a picture I took in Dallas last year of Ron Elliot and Hal Rugg. Sure wanted to hear Ron again. And classy is not a word I normally use, but it's the right one to describe Bill Stafford. Charlie Moore, RJ, Jim Parker, Hal, Ben, Ed Clark and all the other friends I was hoping to see. I'm sorry I missed this show, but it was a chance to see Dolores, after the drs had given up on her weeks ago. I'll see you all in Dallas and at the next Gulfport show.

------------------
Wish I'd learned lap steel when I still had a lap.
Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2006 4:30 pm    

Hey Danny,,,,, You didn't do so bad yo self bud. And, I've already said my piece about Mr. Buck. Say it again though. WHAT A STEEL AND GITTAR PLAYER !!!!
Ben O'Dell
R.C. Vick

Moss Point, Ms., USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2006 5:00 pm    

Mr. Buck is my new hero as I told him the first time I saw him last year at Gulfport. He is so sharp that he just commands attention. I wish I could look just like him when I get his age. Seriously, The man should be commended on his appearance as well as his playing. I sat at the end of the table from him last Saturday and am ashamed I didnt talk with him again. It was just that kind of show. The stage kept your attention all day.
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2006 9:02 pm    

Buck is a GREAT player. We love to be around him and Mitzi. Wonderfull people. Donna