| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  After you leave me, what will I do?
Kelly Hydorn

Spokane
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2012 7:11 pm    

Back in the sixties, the Texas Troubadours released a couple of albums of their own. One of the albums had a song with the tag above, I think Cal Smith sang the song, but haven't been able to locate the name of the album. Anybody know the name of the album? Question
Russ Wever

Kansas City
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2012 9:39 pm    

Below are the track titles in each of their four 1960'2 albums. If you want more detailed info, click ~> here

Decca DL-4459/DL-74459 Ernest Tubb Presents The Texas Troubadours: San Antonio Rose; Cains Corner; I'll Have Another Cup Of Coffee (Then I'll Go); Twelfth Street Rag; The Last Letter; Pan Handle Rag; Texas Troubadour Stomp; I Will Miss You When You Go; Rhodes-Bud Boogie; Six Days On The Road; The Waltz You Saved For Me; Honey Love - 64

Decca DL-4644/DL-74644 Country Dance Time: Oklahoma Hills; Red Top; Just A Stone's Throw Away; Almost To Tulsa; Another Bridge To Burn; C-Jam Blues; Highway Man; Twilight Over Tears; What About Me; Detour; Honky Tonks And You; Leon's Guitar Boogie – 06-65

Decca DL-4745/DL-74745 Ernest Tubb's Fabulous Texas Troubadours: Time Changes Everything; Honey Fingers; Before I Lost You; Take That; My Baby's Comin' Home; Gardenia Waltz; Cool It; Gone; Almost Everything A Lonely Boy Needs; E.T. Blues; They'll Never Take Her Love From Me; Walking The Floor Over You - 03-66

Decca DL-75017 The Terrific Texas Troubadours: Buddie's Boogie; Heart Of A Clown; The Day The World Stood Still; Tuxedo Junction; Sing Me Back Home; Silent Partner; Ridgetop Stomp; Just For You; Nashville Shuffle; I Act Just Like This All The Time; (Won't You Ride In) My Little Red Wagon – 06-68
Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 19 Oct 2012 8:16 pm    

Doyle Holly and the Buckaroos did the song you are talking about,great Brumley work and Doyle's voice is smooth, but I haven't located the Texas Troubadors' version ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jroBgwX8vzQ
Kelly Hydorn

Spokane
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2012 7:27 pm    

Confused Oh Well Okay fine, so I had a senior moment, so what, I earned it already. It is in fact the Doyle Holly version I'm thinking of, however in my defense, Cal Smith did have that same range in his voice. And thanks Russ for your input, those albums were great ones by themselves. I was just a bit confused...........wait! maybe I'm not.......... Rolling Eyes Wink Oops, sorry Dan, I didn't mean to leave you out, thanks for your input too...... Confused Now I'm just gonna watch TV or something where I can't get in trouble, Honey do you have the remote??.......... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 20 Oct 2012 11:17 pm    

Laughing