| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dekley S-10 On It's Way To Me
Mike Moffitt

South Carolina
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2012 4:59 am    

Just wanted to thank Fred Welch for the wonderful deal he gave me on the Dekley S-10,And for taking the Carter Starter off my hands.It will be a pleasure to play on a quality steel for a change.
Also my thanks to all the forum members who offered their help and advice concerning my attempts at improving the Starter.
Once again Thank You Fred.
Ray Anderson

Jenkins, Kentucky USA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2012 6:17 am    

You will love this guitar, I have D-10 and they are great on tone and smoothness. Heavy? Yes. Wonderful? Absolutely Very Happy
Jim Curtain

Phoenix,Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2012 5:13 pm    

Very pleased with my sd-10 as well, gives you a good aerobic workout moving it around!
Ray Minich

Bradford, Pa. Frozen Tundra
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2012 6:36 am    

You will thank yourself for going with the Dekley.

Always remember there are only two "e"s in Dekley, (It's a Dekley owner thing Smile )

I've got three of 'em and they are great to play and easy to work on. You may want to replace the socket head set screws in the bell cranks with shorty #6 socket head cap screws if you get to playing with the setup. Stainless steel SHCS's work great.

South Carolina
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2012 11:57 am     Dekley S-10

I have played a double neck in the past,and am also proud to say that I knew Jim Gurley for a number of years ,He was the producer of my one and only venture into the recording business back in 1979.Also spent a number of weekends with him at a club in southern Vermont that was owned by my late uncle.We would all set around after the club closed,just making sweet music and getting happy,lol
This new to me Dekley will be a constant reminder of all those good times,regardless of his misfortune in later years.