| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Unplayed Gold Tone BG 250 Banjo - Sold
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2012 5:50 pm    

This is an unplayed Gold Tone five string banjo that was part of a horsetrade along with an Aria mandolin that I've also listed. I had great intentions to learn to play it and it's just been sitting as unplayed as ever. Sooo, it's time to let it go.

Pristine, still has the warranty card, and comes with a cushioned gigbag. Photos are several posts down on this thread.

NOTE: I can't find the model number on the banjo and so I'm basing the model number on carefully looking at various photos of the various Gold Tone banjos online. The one it looks closest to is this one: (http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/GTBG250F.htm). However, this one appears to be a bit thinner so it is likely not the "F" (fat) model.

Elderly wants $929 for one but I found one elsewhere for $779. How about $750 shipped to the CONUS?

Happy to answer any questions I can about this instrument.

Last edited by Chris Bauer on 4 Dec 2012 8:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2012 12:25 pm    

Don't be shy about making an offer... (Plus, I'm always up for interesting swap or swap + cash possibilities.)
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2012 2:05 pm    

I've had a couple of questions on the model and realize that the link above is to the 250F (the fatter model). This one appears to be the thinner version. Sorry about any confusion.

As I mentioned, I'll be glad to get pictures to any of you who'd like a closer look.
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2012 2:32 pm    

Chris, if you've got the pictures on your "My Pictures" section of your computer all you do is:

Click on the Upload Picture box on the top right. and an Upload picture box will come with the words "picture file" with a white empty box and another box after in in the same line with the word "browse" in it.

Click on "browse" and an index of what's on your computer will come up. Click on "pictures" or "my pictures" whatever it says on your computer and you picture file will open click on whichever one you want or if a folder comes up with more pictures than one, click on the folder and and then click "open" and the pix in that folder will display. then you click on the picture that you want...

After a little bit the picture will come up with a box that says "send"... click that...

Shortly the picture will come up with a box that says "insert picture" click on that and the picture will be inserted into your message.....JH in Va.

Gray, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2012 6:43 pm    

Hey Chris, does this look like the one you have:

http://elderly.com/search/elderly?terms=goldtone+bg250+resonator+banjo&x=20&y=8

Todd
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2012 11:18 am    

Only the coloring on the back is the same. Mine has the 'fan' covering over the bottom of the strings, the palm rest, etc. The only difference I can discern from the 250F is that mine seems to have one less 'layer' of metal rim between the head and the wood body. (In other words, from what I can tell, mine is slightly thinner.)
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2012 2:02 pm    

Bumpies
David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2012 4:53 pm    

The missing metal "layer" that you refered to may be due to the fact that this banjo is possibly from the 'Cripple Creek' series which do not have brass tone rings. A visit to the Gold Tone site may be helpful in making an exact determination.
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2012 7:57 pm    

Yep - checked out the Gold Tone site before posting originally. It's not a cripple creek. Definitely from the BG series.
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2012 4:37 pm    

Okay - Here are some pics of the banjo. Glad to send more to any of you who are interested.

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2012 5:34 pm    

Still available. Trades? Offers?
wjpauly

Woodbury, MN USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2012 4:19 am    

Chris Bauer wrote:
Still available. Trades? Offers?

How much does it weigh? That will aid in identifying the correct model.

Wayne
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2012 11:52 am    

In the unlikely event that our bathroom scales are anywhere close to accurate, the banjo weighs just over 14 pounds. (14.4 pounds in the gig bag.)
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2012 5:06 pm     Goldtone banjo

Chris, what would you be interested in trading for?
I've got a Fender Montara, acoustic/electric, but the pre amp on the guitar don't work. I paid $800 for the guitar and hardshell case, about 15yrs ago.
It is a solid wood guitar, and has excellent tone, and very easy to play. Course I'd give you a little cash to boot. Also, what's the overall length of the banjo?
Do you have an audio bite of the banjo, so I can hear what it sounds like? Thanks
terry
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2012 8:54 am    

Terry - The banjo is sold. Thanks for inquiring.