| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thank you from the KSGA
ray qualls

Baxter Springs, Kansas (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2005 6:59 am    

I thought I'd let the dust settle for a couple of days so I could come down from my "highs". What a weekend! First, I just want to say how much we missed several players for various reasons. Louie Hallford had to be in Texas and Louie has been a part of our shows since the beginning. John Buffington had knee surgery several months ago and he also has to go to Vegas as JohnII is getting married. Congrats and we missed you John. James Morehead's family was down sick and it would have been his first time. Next year my friend! Terry Bethel is still recovering from back and feet pain and Terry, we missed you here. Get well soon!
We want to thank all the visitors who came to the show. Last count was 350+ and what else can we say but "WOW". Thanks for the support. We even had our Mayor who came and welcomed everyone and I think we earned his and the towns support too for next year.
Thanks to all the back-up musicians who played this year and again, it was just the best. This would be like a novel if I named everyone but there are a few that I would like to recognize for their contributions. First would be Scotty Henderson who received our Kansas Hall of Fame award. Such a deserving player and person. Next would be Ronnie Neighbors who received our Pioneer award. 25 years of putting on his own shows in Hot Springs. Thanks Ronnie! I have to mention a few players who was here for their first time, and that would be, Dave Musgrave-Jack Musgrave-Jim Florence-Cliff Waterman-Merrill & Vangie Fich-Dwain May-Kurt Graber. Talk about some talent and everyone of them just blew the crowd away. I hope they enjoyed it as much as everyone enjoyed them. Special "Thanks" to them and I hope they can make it again next year. Thanks to all the kitchen help and the guys who helped unload and carry in the equipment. Thanks to Kyle Ogle for letting us use his PA again this year. The sound was great. Thanks Kyle! Thanks to the players who has already been a part of our show, Paul Troop, Jerry & Venda Hanley,Wayne Smith, Doyle Huff, Jerry Newberry, Austin Stewart, Jerry Roller, Ken Rollans, Larry Garrett, Clovis Richards, Rob Parker, Fred Justice, Allen Cain, Keith Hilton, Tim McCutchen, Curt Shoemaker, Mike McGee and Duane Dunard.
The back-up band was John Terry, DeWayne Bowman, Bob Dell, Jerry Hoffman, Larry Jackson, Mike Cook, Dennis Turner and Floyd McCoy. Thanks to all the other musicians who sit in and helped. We have 30+ new members who joined our club this past weekend and that is really a lot of support for us. We thank each and every one of you. I hope I haven't left anyone out, but if I have, I sincerely apologize. One last thank you to all of our club members who made this show possible. Thanks to Doug(VP) & Lee(SEC-TREAS) for the countless hours they've put into making this happen. Thanks to my wife Elizabeth, who gave me her support and help and it made this a lot easier for me. Last but most important, Thank you God, for letting us have so many good friends!

Ray Qualls-President(KSGA)
Douglas Hudson

Galena, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2005 7:14 am    

I CONCUR! It was sure good to see old friends and meet new ones. I also want to say all the albums I purchased this weekend and one or two that was sent my way has brought me joy. Your hard work on these albums is apparent. Thanks guys for your recordings.
Douglas Hudson
Leland Ogle

Baxter Springs, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2005 1:16 pm    

It was a fantastic weekend. Old friends, new friends, what a time. Ray, this was all your idea, remember. It is a pleasure being a part of this KSGA with Ray and Doug in their leadership roles. A big thank you to all those who attended.
Lee
Elizabeth Qualls

Baxter Springs,Kansas USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2005 4:39 am    

Thanks....Ray,Douglas,Lee and (Douglas's wife Betty)who did a awesome job greeting people at the door,ya'll are the best! Also I want to thank everyone again for all the help in the kitchen and also a very special thanks to David Cobb,David Flowers,Frank Falling,Marvin Groff and Paul Troop for all your help.Without the teamwork,I would of been lost. Thanks again!!!!

[This message was edited by Elizabeth Qualls on 06 October 2005 at 05:41 AM.]

Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2005 3:45 pm    

My gratitude to the KSGA is immeasureable.
See ya next year and next year and next year and...

------------------
Steelin' away in the ozarks and life,
Scott
www.scottyhenderson.com

Curt Shoemaker

Ionia, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2005 4:18 pm    

You said it well Scotty Boy!!! Hope to see you there next year, that year, and that year too!!!
ray qualls

Baxter Springs, Kansas (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2005 1:38 am    

TTT one more time!

------------------
Ray Qualls
President(KSGA) www.rayqualls.com