| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New (to me) G2
Fred Nolen

Mohawk, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2012 11:58 am    

I recently bought my first Mullen. It is a slightly used G2, red maple mica SD10, 3x5. The guitar hardware is polished and it is in new condition, as advertised. It has the stock Mullen single coil pickup, which is wound to 18.76 K ohms, according to my VOM. I have found the tone and playability to be excellent. (I see no need to experiment with other pickups.) Not only that, it is a beautiful guitar. Even my wife has given my choice the thumbs up. She is my chief and most trusted critic. My point is that, in my experience, Del Mullen is building an excellent guitar. I have never played any other Mullen so cannot speak to any comparison in the G2, RP or pre-RP models. I would, however, be glad to answer any questions that anyone may have. (I'm not a dealer or anything like that, just a satisfied customer) Thanks,
Ol'Fred
Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2012 12:51 pm    

Good choice Fred, I too have a Red Mullen SD10 G2, properly named by the Mullen crew as the Eagle Landing.
Can be seen on Mullen Web site at Custom creations. You're gonna love the guitar. Larry
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2012 3:00 pm     G2

Somewhere down the road, I'm also planning to get a G2, S-10D. Every Mullen I've sat behind has been a dream to play.
Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2012 8:47 pm    

If the G2 is any better sounding than my RP, it's above awesome because my RP is awesome. Gonna have to try one one of these days.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2012 11:00 pm    

I've been very happy with both my RP U-12 and early S10.I'll probably think about a G2 at some point.
pdl20

Benton, Ar . USA,
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2012 10:36 am     Mullen G 2

Fred, you got a great guitar,ive have had mine for 2 yrs and it still amazes me for its play ability,the splits are right on the money when you adjust them in and they stay put ,even when you restring the guitar and get them strecthed in.Tone to the bone with the single coil.i do many sessions here with mine and its clean and each note i play comes thru the mix.ya done goob . Rudy
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Fred Nolen

Mohawk, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2012 7:15 am     Here's a Picture

Kermit Monk

Greeneville, TN
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2012 3:52 pm    

Hello neighbor,

Very nice Mullen. I have an old '92 Mullen that plays smooth as butter. Bet your G2 plays like a dream.

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)