| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dean Holman in motor cycle wreck.
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 24 May 2012 11:18 am    

Dino Strunk had on Face Book that Dean Holman, steel play for the Baldknobbers, in Branson, Missouri was in a bad motor cycle wreck. I have been trying to find out more information. Dino just said to pray for him.
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 May 2012 12:45 pm    

Please please let me know as soon as you find out anything,

Bobbe
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 24 May 2012 1:51 pm    

Bobbe, Roger Blevins, the former steel player for the Bald Knobbers just called me. Roger said he heard someone ran a stop sign and Dean hit them. Roger heard it broke the big bone in Dean's leg in two places, and also broke his pelvis. As I understand it, Dean is in the hospital expected to recover. I assume the hospital is Skaggs hospital in Branson. As I said--this is information that Roger Blevins has heard, so it may or may not be accurate. When I hear more I will post it.
Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 May 2012 4:56 pm     Dean Holman

Just finished talking to Dean.
A car pulled out in front of him and he hit the left front fender, it threw him onto the windshield and he kept going about 20 feet past the car. He landed on his left side and and broke the femur bone in his left leg. It required 4 hours of surgery. He also fractured the right side of his pelvis. They said that part would heal on its own.
They got him up today but his blood pressure dropped and he had to sit down. He also did 4 exercises the therapist brought him to do. They are going to move him to a rehab hospital tomorrow which is part of the Cox Medical Complex
If I hear anything else I'll get it out here on the forum,
Terry Bethel
OzSGA Prezzzz?????
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...
Ron Scott

Michigan
Post  Posted 25 May 2012 4:22 am    

Hope everything works out for him.I also ride and hate it when one of us gets hurt while doing what we like.Get well soon Dean and we are all praying for a quick recovery. Ron
Eddie Lane

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2012 1:38 pm    

Sorry to hear about this. Dean, my friend, hang in there. Nancy & I will be praying for your recovery.
Ronnie Miller

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2012 5:16 am    

Thanks Keith & TB for the info. sounds like after a long hard recovery he will be OK. That is the good news. Ronnie
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2012 7:00 am    

Dean, Sure hope you heal good and quickly.

Donna
Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2012 7:38 am    

Sorry to hear about Dean. Here's to a quick recovery. Motorcycles scare me and it's not them, usually the other guy.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2012 10:13 am    

Yep. If everybody rode motorcycles (including the semi-trucks) I'd still be riding one.
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 May 2012 10:21 am    

i still do, but being from california, i can only 'hang nine' due to a car turning in front of my bsa lightning in 1968.
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2012 10:31 pm    

Dean, I am so sorry to read of you having the accident. I am a Harley Soft-tail rider and love to ride but it seems that most of my riding friends have had recent accidents. If there is anything I can do for you and I really mean this, please let me know. I am not that far from Branson.
Jerry
Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2012 4:27 pm    

I just want to thank everyone who has kept me in they're thoughts and prayers. It has been a long two weeks and I get to go home tomorrow from physical therapy. This is just the beginning to my long road to recovery. I am making progress everyday. It is a miracle that I'm still here. God has been good to me and I'm very thankful to have the love and support from many friends and family. I plan on getting back to playing as soon as I am remotely able. Again, thank you and God bless!

Dean