| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  PROMAT D10 8 x 5 $2100 all inc....Long story.
Carl Heatley

Morehead City,NC
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 12:22 pm    

Promat D10 8 x 5...Standard Emmons setup.
I bought this steel about 6 weeks ago from forum member Adam Goodale for $2600...When it arrived it was not as "Wonderful" as he said it was.
First of all...The pedal rods had no markings on them so you could tell which was # 1 to # 8,...Also where the rods fit to the pedals were all lose....(Personally I would make new ones or fit ball type connectors) One of the Rod keepers was missing!!!! (He did find that and mailed it to me)
With the guitar in the upright position...The guitar was" Dirty" looked like it had not been cleaned for ages....The E9 pickup was not mounted in straight..later to find that the wires were just twisted together with a bit of insulating tape around them.(This is now fixed right)
After tuning the guitar I found a bolt on the floor....This was a knee lever stop bolt that had fallen off ( now fixed)
I really cant see how he could play this steel the way it was.

I contacted Adam and said I was not happy with the guitar and wanted a refund less shipping cost....Initially he agreed to giving back my money but it would take a couple of weeks....I agreed that would be O.K.
Anyway thet never happend....He said "Returning the guitar is out of the question. I have no way of making that happen.I am more than happy to list the guitar for sale, and find you a buyer, completely leaving you out of the transaction, apart from shipping the instrument. That is the only way I can assist you to get a refund of the steel. I was honest about the guitar, it was packed properly, and I can't take responsibility for the fact that you don't like the guitar.
So I emailed him saying "I would prefer to just ship the Promat back to you as I feel you need to do a little work on it before sending it to a new buyer."
So here we are...I couldn't just send the guitar on to another steel player knowing it had some issues that needed sorting out.
I have done some work on the guitar...The E9 side of things is O.K... maybe still needs a little tweeking here and there, I haven't done anything to the C6 as I'm not into the C6 neck.
I gave it a good cleeaing so now it looks presentable.
The case is 'Junk" but good enough to ship the guitar in.
THE GUITAR NEEDS SOME WORK
I just don't want to do anything else with it...Anywhoo...if it dosent sell soon I'll rip off the back neck and put a cup holder and a sliding ashtray on it and use it as a practice guitar.
Pics are as the guitar is now.

First $2100 inc shipping and paypal fees gets it.......sold "as is " Dealers welcome.
Feel free to call me if you have any questions.
Carl 240 925 7046

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=222775
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=223853
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=224915

Carl Heatley

Morehead City,NC
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 1:12 pm    

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
Brian Straub

Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 2:07 pm     Goodale

Great to hear you have a buyer..I would say Mr. Goodale owes you a payment as well.

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 2:14 pm    

doesn't sound like anything serious was wrong with it....and that is a ridiculously low price for a promat.
Brian Straub

Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 2:45 pm     promat

When it arrived it was not as "Wonderful" as he said it was.

Nuff said.

Morehead City,NC
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 2:57 pm     Re: Goodale

Brian Straub wrote:
Great to hear you have a buyer..I would say Mr. Goodale owes you a payment as well.

I dont think thats going to happen!!!!
But you know the old saying....What goes around...Comes around!.
Bill Moran

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 2:58 pm    

It happens ! Some people will tell you anything. I bought a Steel King on the forum and it was distorting. Was told the amp was perfect. Anyway the seller said he would buy it back but never did. I finally gave up and had it fixed.
Most everyone on the Forum is honest. A few are not. Sad

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 3:03 pm    

chris ivey wrote:
doesn't sound like anything serious was wrong with it....and that is a ridiculously low price for a promat.
Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 6:09 pm     $7000.00 Plus

Promats Sell For $7000.00 Plus,This was a Steal! Wish I Would have Seen It. They are Great Guitars. Randy G. Very Happy Thank UPS For Destroying The Case.
Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 6:51 pm    

chris ivey wrote:

It looks pretty straight to me. A guitar can be wonderful and not mint. I just bought a 74 lacquer Push-Pull for considerably more and spent 3 full days cleaning and tweaking it. It is indeed a "wonderful" axe.

Anyway, for $2600, I don't see where anyone was ripped off.....For $2100 it's an absolute "steal".
Adam Goodale

Pflugerville, TX
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 7:08 pm    

I see it sold in 50 minutes... And Brian the word "wonderful" never. Came out of my mouth or off of my fingers. If I had the cash I would have bought the guitar back at $2600.00. You don't sell a guitar for 900.00 less than you bought it for 8 months prior if you don't need the money. I can assure you I wasn't attempting to screw anyone. Glad to see the guitar will be in hands of someone who wants it. - Adam