| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Any Info About These Amps Appreciated
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2012 5:52 am    

The owner of a local music store acquired these. Any information is appreciated. Any idea about value? Thanks.

Supernova:

Elka:

Ultimate Chorus:

BC Rich:

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" - Augustus McCrae
"From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth 'til death, we travel between the eternities" - Prentiss Ritter

Too many steels, amps & other stuff, and an open mind. I have tube amp bias.

Last edited by Jim Cooley on 21 May 2012 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Paul Arntson

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2012 10:06 am    

Supernova looks like a Japanese tube amp. Is it tubes? Ebay has a SS one with a teisco reverb. I had a Lafayette tube amp once, a 1-15 but it looked a little like this. Good sound and quality point to point manufacture, but made with very cheap parts. I rebuilt it and it sold for a couple hundred once it was in perfect working condition. You might find a similar schematic under the Univox name. Samick speakers say "asian origin" to me.

Elka according to Wiki might be Italian. (Oh I guess the label says that -duh.)Looks like part of a keyboard setup or early synth of some kind. Probably collectible, but looks like pretty bad shape. If the apparent water damage is limited to the bottom corner, this might be a very interesting artifact to somebody. Does it work? How do you tell? No idea on schematic or parts for this one. Maybe there's a club of collectors for this brand.

BCRich looks just like a Chinese Kustom Arrow series. I see these for $20 in pawn shops and they have their speakers.

The Fender is common. Some production runs in this series have flakey solder joints. Good sound once you get them working. The tag showing 360 w consumption means this is likely the 90w power amp version. Very similar to the ss Deluxe 90 and the Deluxe 112 SE in the power section.

Hope this helps.
Leslie Ehrlich

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Post  Posted 18 May 2012 11:48 am    

Paul Arntson wrote:

Elka according to Wiki might be Italian. (Oh I guess the label says that -duh.)Looks like part of a keyboard setup or early synth of some kind.

The Elka amp is for the Elkavox electronic accordion. Electronic accordions (the ones with rocker switches and horrible electric organ tones) were a bit of a fad in the 1960s and 1970s.

Newer electronic accordions have MIDI and don't need a special amplifier or tone generator.

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2012 4:37 pm    

Samick is Korean... perhaps that's where SuperNova came from. One speaker has a 1993 date code, at least.

The amp's not in my Fjestad book (3rd ed.)... but it's the only thing I'm seeing that would be remotely interesting to a collector, perhaps $100.

The rest is pretty much valueless.
Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 21 May 2012 4:26 pm    

Supernova was made in New Jersey by Sano in the 70s. They were made for accordian amplification. They were high quality point to point wired amplifiers. Some used a pair of 8417 power tubes for an honest 100 watts. Later ones were solid state. I think the one in the photo may be ss.