| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rainy nite at the lake gig
Bo Legg

Post  Posted 15 May 2012 12:02 am    

Well let me tell you about last Saturday’s gig
I was overcast ominous looking, somewhat like the girl sitting at the end of the bar.
At 40 feet away she appeared as a raving beauty but up close she looked like someone who should only be viewed from 40 foot away.
The out door stage was small somewhat resembling an outdoor toilet with the front ripped off by a tornado.
Of course the drummer having enough hardware to start a junkyard took up all that space.
So the rest of us are out in the open and guess what? You guessed it, it started raining so we had to pack up and get out of the rain except for the drummer of course who sit there high and dry with that smirk on his face looking something like he ate too much cheese a couple of days ago, well you get the picture.
So an hour later it stopped raining so we unpacked and set everything back up except for the drummer who still had that smirk on his face.
Guess what? You guessed it, it started raining and we had to stop playing again and I didn’t even look at the drummer ha ha!.
This time we just covered everything up as best we could and when it stopped raining we started playing again but by this time all the customers had retreated to the bar, so the owner ask us to move inside. That wiped the smirk off the drummers face.
Guess what? You guessed it, it didn’t rain another drop the rest of the night as soon as we moved inside.
I did manage muddy drum roll after it somehow just slipped out of my hand while helping him load his drums at the end of the night. I’m still smirking and this is Tuesday.
Bud Angelotti

Larryville, NJ, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2012 3:49 am    

Sounds like you had one of those nights Bo. I can imagine you also had a bunch of half buzzed weathermen telling you if it was going to rain or not. Just remember what momma said - There'd be days like this.
Bill Howard

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2012 5:11 am     boxes falling down stairs

my late father a 50's ear bar room entertainer described Drums as boxes falling down the stairs when not player right,of course dads era didnt have to many drummers in their bands. i sort of agree with that. I euqate a good drummer a s one I cant hear,I feel if he sticks out where he can be heard he is not blending with the band.
And of course the more Junk they drag in usually means th LESS they can play,i noticed that with a LOT of instruments,It seems they think they can BUY their sound....heh heh heh NOT:)....
Dick Wood

Springtown Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2012 5:32 am    

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.