| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fourth Steel Guitar Clayton N. C. Jam April 28TH
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2011 4:52 am    

There will be a Clayton North Carolina Steel Guitar Jam on April 28TH 2012 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM or later if needed..I got the OK from George Williamson to use his Gold N Pawn building again for the 4TH Clayton Steel Guitar Jam.I want to thank George for being a great guy and allowing us to jam at his place of business. I will keep you informed when the time gets near.If you think you are interested just let me know so I know what to do.Tell me what you think about the other two we had and if they where run right.I know we ended up with out the band but the Band leader got a Emergency call to work that day.I will try to get another band to help out if something happens with the band again this next Steel Guitar Jam.
Thanks
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Last edited by Sam White R.I.P. on 26 Feb 2012 5:35 am; edited 7 times in total
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2011 4:17 pm    

Sorry Double posted
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2011 4:13 am    

Check it out.Great time to be had.
Johnny Howington

Lillington, NC
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2011 5:03 pm    

Sam,
I would like for you to put my name on list for this jam session. I want to plan ahead so I don't miss this one! I really look forward to seeing the great steel players and hearing all that steel music. I sure hated to miss the last one! Hope to see you all there.

Johnny Howington
Ray Thomas

Goldsboro North Carolina
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2011 5:25 am     Clayton Jam

Sam, will make it if possible, sure enjoyed the last one, thanks for your work on keeping the steel guitar alive and well.
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2011 5:38 pm    

Johnny I will keep you up to date on it when it gets near that time.

Ray Thank you I'm Involved with the Steel Guitar and will never give it up.I started two Steel Guitar Organizations in R.I. and they are still going strong. I started the one in Greeneville TN. and it is still going strong and now I'm running these Steel Guitar Jams here in N.C. and it is getting stronger each time. I may have to get a bigger hall if this keeps up.Thank you for your good words I try my best and want everyone to be happy and enjoy themselves.This is what good friendship and fellowship is all about.The most beautiful sounding Instrument in the world The Steel Guitar.
Sam White
Jerome Hawkes

Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2011 6:41 am    

thanks Sam for all your efforts - eastern NC is blessed with a lot of great steelers and its nice to have someone organize these jams to get them all together.

it would be interesting to see if we couldnt get the Ice House in Selma for a jam, just thinking out loud, but they have shows on Fri night, and i dont think its used any other night - (plus, they have a great crowd that enjoys good country music) - maybe do a tracks jam that day, and a band jam that night.

regardless, i'd be in line for this one - had a GREAT time at the last jam

Murfreesboro Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2011 3:16 am     Steel Jam

Hi Sam, if you get it together, I'll plan to be there. Sounds like a great time.

"I Steel Without Remorse"
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2011 2:08 pm    

Alan it is going to happen so you can plan on it happening everyone wants it so it will be a go.
Sam White
Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2011 6:30 pm     Jam

If da' Kriks dont rize, eye'll bee thar!

Last edited by Allen Howington on 12 Oct 2011 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Alan Harrison

Murfreesboro Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2011 3:35 am     The Jam

I'm already looking forward to it......

"I Steel Without Remorse"
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2011 6:02 pm    

This is the start of the line up for the third Clayton N.C. Steel Guitar Jam
1 George Williamson - Raleigh - N.C.
2 Ray Walker - Smithfield - N.C.
3 Johnny Howington - Lillington - N.C.
4 Allen Howington - Lillington,- N.C.
5 Ray Thomas - Goldsboro,- N.C.
6 Glenn Lanning - La Grange, - N.C.
7 Jerome Hawkes - Fayettville - N.C.
8 Allen Harrison Murfeesboro,-TN.
9 Ricky Hagan - Elm City,- N.C.
10 Dave Nugent = Gum Spring,- VA.
11 Rick Worley - Smithfield,- N.C.
12 Gordon Hartin - ???????? N.C.
13 Kevin Robbins - ???????? N.C.
14 Sid Hudson - Virgina Beach - VA. I hope he comes
15 Jimmy Underwood - Fayettville - N.C.
16 Gene Hinton - Micro - N.C.
17 Sam White - Willow Spring,- N.C.

Last edited by Sam White R.I.P. on 25 Mar 2012 3:28 pm; edited 11 times in total
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2011 10:51 am    

Bump
Glen E. Lanning

La Grange, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2011 8:41 am    

I believe this is the weekend for the Hummingbird Steel Jamboree in Dover, Ohio. I always attend it. If not, I have the Clayton Jam on my Calandar.
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2011 5:01 am     Sam

Hi Glenn we hope you are able to make it as you have been to the two we have had. I know it is a lot closer to Clayton than it is to Ohio.
Sam white
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 2:09 pm    

()
Ricky Hagan

Elm City N.C. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 5:16 pm    

count me in Sam.I'll be there.
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2011 1:00 pm    

Hey Ricky guess you had a good time at the last one.Everyone enjoyed your fast picking and we all had a great time. Good Friendship and Fellowship for all and I got a lot of good reports on what a great jam it was.
See you there bud.
Sam White
David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2011 2:07 pm    

Sam....Since the jam will be in April this time, work should not interfere with my attending as it did for your last event. Please count me in....Thanks.
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2011 5:46 pm     Sam

Dave you will enjoy playing with all these boys they are great and really get into their Steel guitars.We will be glad to have you and it will be nice to see you again it has been a while.
Sam White
Johnny Howington

Lillington, NC
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2011 8:39 am    

TTT
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2011 4:16 pm    

Here we are with 11 Steel Players already and we still have (6)six month to go.I wonder how many we will have this next Steel Jam.I will have to have George take everything out of the Gold-N-Pawn so we will have room.HA
Sam White
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2011 6:35 pm     Sam

The Clayton Steel Guitar Jam will be here before you know it. 4/28/2012
Sam White
Kevin Robbins

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2011 5:38 pm     Thanks Sam for your efforts!

Sounds like a great day to me!

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2011 3:03 pm    

Kevin are you coming to this Jam. We had a great time the last one and you will have a good time and see some of the guys that use to go to Masga Jams.I'm still a member and will remain a member.Also we will have a great singer there a good friend of mine that is moving down here from Rhode Island and he was in Nashville for 21 years and was front man for Faron Young and a few other great singers.
Sam White