| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1946/47 Fender Deluxe "Organ Button" Lap Steel
John Bushouse

Post  Posted 25 Mar 2012 1:35 pm    

For sale, my 1946 or 1947 Fender "Organ Button" lap steel. This is a rare model, the top of the line of the early Fender lap steels. The electronics appear to be all original, although I'm not positive about the pots. The serial number is 1222.

Right now the organ button and the tone pot aren't really operative - the tone is essentially wide-open. I believe the capacitors need to be replaced. See the pics below to see not only the underside of the control plate but the finest in Fender's woodworking Smile. I was planning on replacing the electronics, but I decided to let the next owner determine whether or not he or she wants to do so. I have two new 1 Meg pots and two new "Vitamin Q" 0.1 uf capacitors I will include in the sale.

The sound is nice and clear - the classic Fender lap steel tone. The pickup appears to be original, at least compared to the rewound pickup on my other Fender.

The price is $900 plus actual shipping. The guitar does not have a case, but it will be well-packed. Please e-mail me at jbushouse@gmail.com if you're interested.

John Bushouse

Post  Posted 31 Mar 2012 3:16 pm    

Bump before sending to eBay...
John Bushouse

Post  Posted 5 Apr 2012 7:53 pm    

Second bump before eBay...