| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dallas visit
Eric Gross

Perkasie PA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2012 9:27 am    

Hi All,

I will be in Dallas this Saturday through Wednesday, my son is in a soccer tournament there. I would love to check out steel shops, or bands in the area. If someone could give some tips on places to go, that would be great.

Too bad this wasn't a couple of weeks ago.....

Thanks,
Eric
Jana Lockaby

Kaufman, TX
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2012 10:08 am     Lamb's Music in Ft. Worth

Lamb's Music in Ft. Worth I think has some steels.

Norris Family Music in Mesquite has several psg's, a couple of lap steels, and a dobro...last I remember.

Murphy's Music in Irving may or may not have any reso in stock, but they carry some Beard models on occasion, no psg or lap steel that I recall, but you never know. Lots of other guitars.

There is a Guitar Center in Dallas, off Cnteral Exprswy, I think, but geared towards rock, etc. If you ask to see a steel or dobro, the employees give you that dear in the headlight look. Clueless, most of them anyway.

A place on Harry Hines, I think, called Charlie's Guitar shop. I've never been there myself, so don't really know, just heard lots about it.

As far as players, or music: Johnny High's country Music Review in Arlington. Maurice Anderson plays there on Sat night. Grapevine Opry, has another excellent steeler in the band, Jeff Agnew.

You just can't go wrong if you are looking for good music if you go to Ft. Worth. Check out the stockyards...Pearl's Dancehall may or may not have a steel player. You'd just have to see who is playing. There's another place...I think...Stagecoach somethign in FTW that usually has steel in the band.

Joan Cox plays, or did, at The Silver Fox in Terrell.

You can find most of these places by doing an internet search. Hope this gives you something to go on. And call before you hall, because I could be wrong, or schedules change, etc. Enjoy your visit. Anything more I can do to help, just ask.
Eric Gross

Perkasie PA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2012 3:09 am    

Hi Jana, thanks for the information, it is much appreciated.