| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  what settings might i try.using the RV5 and DD3.
Wayne Quinn

Cape Breton.NovaScotia
Post  Posted 29 Feb 2012 1:49 pm    

just started using the RV5 and DD3. what might be some settings i could try using with the 2 of them together. i'am using a 112 and or 400. just something to see if i'am in the right ball park.any ideas would be apperciated, Thanks
Clete Ritta

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2012 7:05 am    

As with most effects, a little can go a long way. Usually delay is patched first, then into the reverb and out to your amp input or effects loop return. Try setting your delay first for one or two repeats that are below your signal level. Delay time generally varies with tempo, but usually between 300~800 ms is a good place to start. Then add a little reverb like a long hall, to blend. You dont need to always use both simultaneously! You will find that different reverb types alone can offer a wide variety of tone, and delay by itself can be useful to fatten up the sound without washing it out in a mix of other instruments. These two effects are capable of creating lots of different ambient environments, so have fun and experiment with different settings! Very Happy

Clete
Wayne Quinn

Cape Breton.NovaScotia
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2012 8:49 am    

Thanks Clete for your help here i appreciate it very much.as is this stuff is rather new to me .i can use all the help i can get.Thanks Wayne.