| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Scratchy L120
Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2012 6:43 pm    

My Goodrich L120 is getting scratch. I assume that I need to replace the pot. Where should I get the replacement? Is there another solution?

Carter D-10 & Peavey Nashville 1000

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2012 5:07 am    

Gary, Goodrich now has a pot that is supposed to be good for a million cycles. Tom Bradshaw sells a lot of the Dunlop replacement pots. The other solution is to go with an electronic pedal (Telonics, Hilton, etc.).
Lyndel Anderson

Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2012 9:05 am    

Gary, I just ordered a new pot for my L120 from Billy Cooper today. They sell the new long life one as used in the new Goodrich pedals. I ordered by phone and talked to a very nice lady. Very helful and the price is very fair. I ordered 2 at a savings plus only one shipping charge.
Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2012 6:44 am     scratchy pedal

I had a NEW Goodrich pedal with a scratchy pot. Took the cover off the pot, sprayed with contact cleaner, reassembled and have been good to go for the past year with no problems...................cd
Jesse Varichak

Spokane
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2012 2:26 pm    

I did the same thing with my old goodrich. I took the cover off and sprayed it with cleaner and it works great. The question now is how long will it be like that? I also did the same thing with the pots on my amp (roland jc120) and good to go. But with the amp, I couldn't take the covers off, so I just sprayed the whole thing and turned it a few times. Seemed to work. For now anyways. Nothing like playing with clean scratch-free sound!