| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Zero Pedal placement
Matt Teske

Seattle, WA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2012 8:07 pm    

I have been thinking of adding a pedal to drop my G#'s to G, but i have a general question about the placement of the "0" pedal. Is it usually an extra pedal added to the left of the A pedal, or can I simply change my rods and move the a, b, and c pedals to the right? I think I would remove the rods on my C6 neck pedal 4, to allow for an easier pull on the c pedal, but was curious on what the standard placement is.
Clete Ritta

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2012 11:12 pm    

In the numbering scheme, 0 is on the far left, though some put a Franklin change lowering 5, 6 and 10 a whole step on pedal 4 instead. A common modification is your latter choice of moving ABC to the right and putting the 0 pedal change where pedal A was. I like the G# lower change at P0 since you can still use it with pedal A there. Just make sure you'll still be comfortable with the LK levers where they are if you decide to move ABC over. If there is space to add a new pedal to the left of A that would be easiest of course, though thats not an option on some guitars.

Clete
Matt Teske

Seattle, WA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2012 1:05 pm    

Thanks, Clete. I've moved the a,b, and c pedals to the right. It'll take a little getting used to the placement, and I will need to make a few adjustments on the left knee levers, but I think it will work just fine. I am already finding some great uses for the G# to G changes.