| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ''Ohio Steel Guitar Association Jam ''
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2005 7:17 pm    

We are proud to announce that we are having our next jam on April the 2-nd at 5:00 pm . We have two special guest players to showcase for us . Mr Gregg Zimmer from Newark Ohio and he is also one of our charter members . Also Mr.Danny Hullihen from Michigan . Danny owns Harrison music and is the owner of the ''Jagwire'' String Company . We want to welcome him to Ohio .
If i'm not mistaken Danny is the President of the Michigan Steel Guitar
Association . He is also one of the dealers for the Performance Steel Guitars that he will bring down for us to see and hear . So bring your check book you just may want to take one home with you .Bring your guitar and join the jam afterwards . The address is Marlin Dowden Charity Fund Inc. Building at 1410 Williams Rd. Columbus , Ohio 43207
We will have a nice buffet dinner for $ 7.00 . This is home cooked food that you will love . Members get in free and non-members is $ 5.00 . But if you want to join up with us the $ 5.00 will go toward your membership . If you love the steel guitar and Country and Gospel music you need to think about this . We have a non-alcohol and non-smoking family place . You can bring your family and not worry about anything happening to them . We will be looking for you so be sure to make plans for a fun evening . If you need more information just call me at ( 614) 774-3109
Thanks and see you soon . Gary . P.S. Danny said that he may have a special steel player guest with him also . So you don't want to miss this one . G.P.

[This message was edited by Gary Preston on 24 March 2005 at 07:44 PM.]

[This message was edited by Gary Preston on 31 March 2005 at 04:33 PM.]

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2005 9:18 pm    

Wow man; your having Danny Hullihen there?? WEll I may just have to drive up for that...ah..ha...
Danny is a wonderful player; and probably one of the most, down to earth honest guys I ever met. Dealing with Danny is a dream as he backs up and goes out of his way to make any deal right.
So having that man in the mist of this occasion is a God-send. While you have a chance; get all the Strings and Steel guitar orders right there while he's there; or you'll kick yourself the next day when he's gone.
Have fun guys and wish I could be there.

------------------
Ricky Davis

Rebelâ„¢ and Ricky's Audio Clips
www.mightyfinemusic.com
Email Ricky: sshawaiian@austin.rr.com

[This message was edited by Ricky Davis on 22 March 2005 at 09:19 PM.]

Rick Johnson

Wheelwright, Ky USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2005 4:28 am    

Ricky
If you drive up, I guarantee ole
Gary will cook you breakfast, wash
your vehicle, change your oil...etc
get my drift?
Come on Gary, please...

------------------
Rick Johnson
Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2005 4:11 pm    

That's great, Gary. I'll be able to go to this one. I'm looking forward to seeing the gang and gettin' aquainted. Not to mention seeing the Performance guitars. And , yeah, I need some new strings too.

See ya' then.

------------------
Every day is a Great day,
Mike
(aka Sideman)

[This message was edited by Mike Wheeler on 23 March 2005 at 04:12 PM.]

Gary Morse

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2005 4:22 pm    

I second everything Ricky Davis said!!! You're in great hands with Danny. Have a great jam session!
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2005 7:40 pm    

Rick if Ricky Davis would make the trip to Columbus He could stay with us and sleep in your bed that you always use . Then maybe i wouldn't have to wash his car !!! . Gary .
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2005 11:53 am    

By the way Rick Johnson are you coming to this one ? You have never jammed with us at the O.S.G.A. Jams ? Talk to you later . Gary .
Greg Zimmer

North Central Florida
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2005 7:45 am    

i'm looking forward to seeing everybody and having a great time at the jam. i'm also glad danny will make this one.
forrest klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2005 12:12 pm    

Dang, that sounds like a good time. Do you guys have these every month??? Are non-members allowed in the Jam too??

It must be a cool deal, if Danny drives all the way down there from all the way UP THERE!

Maybe I'll have to try to make one of your events.

Skeeter
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2005 1:45 pm    

Hi, Forest . No we don't have these every month but we would love to get to that point . We have these about every three months . We did just have a seminar on March the 18-th with Mike Sigler though . If you drive from Michigan i will see to it that you get to play . How's that . Danny Hullihen is going to be one of our special guest players . We are looking forward to that to say the least . You don't have to live in Ohio to be a member of the O.S.G.A . We have members in KY, Wva , Pa. Tenn ,and maybe more . So you, may want to keep that in mind ,by the way we would love to have you . Thanks ,Gary .
Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2005 9:05 am    

I'm really looking forward to the Steel Jam this Saturday, and it will be great to see everybody again. All the Jagwire crew have got their reservations in at the hotel, and they will be looking forward to seeing all of you again too! My guys from the "Steelin Time" trio, Mike Kile and Del Shorts will be there with me too, and we're all looking forward to it. Smile
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2005 4:32 pm    

Guys and gals ,it looks like we have a great line-up for Saturday . You don't want to miss out on this one . Everything is in place and ready to go . All we need now is you . See you all Saturday . Be safe traveling . Best regards,,,Gary .
Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2005 8:58 am    

Well, I had a great time. There was some great pickin' from Danny Hullihen, Mike Kile and Del Shorts. And Danny even sang a few! The triple steel harmonies sounded amazing. Everyone played great. Oh, and the chicken was very tasty. lol

I enjoyed meeting a bunch of the other members, and look forward to the next event.

Thanks to all who helped make the evening enjoyable.

------------------
Every day is a Great day,
Mike
(aka Sideman)

Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2005 2:32 am    

I want to say a special thanks to everyone at the O.S.G.A. I had a great time meeting and talking with everyone there, and the hospitality was second to none. Gary and Larry are First-Class people all the way, and I'm looking forward to doing another show with the O.S.G.A. folks in the future.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2005 2:47 pm    

Danny the pleasure was ours . Thanks to Mike Kile and Dale Shorts for coming to help out . You guys were Awsome to say the least . Also a special thanks to your back-up band ,they did a great job . But one thing i forgot was to have them play steel for us also . Again a big O.S.G.A. thank you for making the trip . Best regards,,,Gary .
KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2005 6:08 am    

Yes!!! Danny will have to come back again .
Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2005 10:12 am    

Thanks Kenny, and I'll be looking forward to doing a show with all of you again in the near future.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2005 8:51 pm    

Danny, I enjoyed your CD very much.