| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Great Acoustic amp Ultrasound DS=4
Jim Pivarnik

Port Townsend WA, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2012 4:53 pm    

The UltraSound DS4 is one of UltraSounds's most popular amplifier models offering incredible sound and value with 100% All-Natural Tone. The compact and lightweight DS4 with 2 - 8" coaxial speakers custom made by UltraSound powered with 50 Watts is perfect for for the artist playing smaller venues, coffee shops, worship services, or just kicking back at home. $250 shipped CUSA

Fender Deluxe reverb
Gold Tone 8 string
Thomas Mardas

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2022 3:37 pm     Ultrasound DS4 Acoustic amplifier

I have owned the Fender Strawberry blonde. Two different Fishman amps, A Marshall Acoustic amp, and a Yamaha THR 20 on the acoustic setting. By far, the finest best sounding amp for every kind of acoustic guitar with a pickup or being miked is the Ultrasound DS4. I used to not want to play my nylon string guitar live as no matter what the sound man would do or going through a DI it wouldn't sound natural. this amp not only has two channels both of which have phantom power for microphones but also has 16 effects channels and has an effects input also for the loop. If you have a guitar that you love the sound of but just want it louder lol, find one of these. I can only speak of the DS4. Quite possibly the finest acoustic amp ever produced. I'm not kidding. I gigged with mine for ten years twice a week when i retired, going into the PA with it and used a Martin parlor with LR Baggs pickup, Takamine P3fcn nylon built in pickup, a 1921 Gibson L1 miked into the amp and a variety of squareneck guitars miked as well. It's got enough power and watts to do any solo gig unless it's a huge place. I now am using it with my lap steel guitars as well with the Hall reverb setting. I wanted to mention that the Yamaha THR 10 and 20 both have a clean acoustic setting and a coupld of reverb echo effects. That is an amazing little amp as well and can be operated on batteries for those buskers out there. When you care about tone as much as i do, the amp is important especially with acoustic guitars. To have an amp that i can plug a classical guitar in and a steel string and they both sound so natural is a thing of wonderment. I guess i am passionate about these amps. If mine ever breaks down, i will find another. I bought mine about 12 years ago for 250 bucks at a local music store. Keep on picking everyone!