| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TablEdit help with ped/knees
Phil Halton

Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2011 9:29 am    

I've figured out how to set up a E9 PSG module, and assign pedal changes, but there's two things that aren't working as I would expect.

1) In order to assign a pedal to a note, I can't use the letter "A" for example, from the keyboard, but have to open the Pitch change dialog with the enter key and select "A" from the list. Okay, that's not such a biggie - I can live with that.

2) When adding pedals to a pair of notes, like pedals A&B to 3 on strings 5 & 6, I don't get a slur, but rather get the notes played as new notes.

for example, writing a 3 (as quarter notes) on strings 5&6, then a 3 (also quarter notes) on 5&6 with pedals, I don't get the pedal slur, I get those two harmonies played as seperate quarter note pairs.

I've tried designating the 3AB's as tied notes, but that isn't working either.

Any help on this?

BTW: I don't use a mouse, just the keyboard and menu shortcuts. And, I can't see the screen - I use the blind friendly feature that puts certain relevant information about the selected note(s) on the status line. So, if you can, explain things with this info in mind - thanks

Post  Posted 30 Dec 2011 11:41 am     Re: TablEdit help with ped/knees

ttt
[quote="Phil Halton"]I've figured out how to set up a E9 PSG module, and assign pedal changes, but there's two things that aren't working as I would expect.

1) In order to assign a pedal to a note, I can't use the letter "A" for example, from the keyboard, but have to open the Pitch change dialog with the enter key and select "A" from the list. Okay, that's not such a biggie - I can live with that.

2) When adding pedals to a pair of notes, like pedals A&B to 3 on strings 5 & 6, I don't get a slur, but rather get the notes played as new notes.

for example, writing a 3 (as quarter notes) on strings 5&6, then a 3 (also quarter notes) on 5&6 with pedals, I don't get the pedal slur, I get those two harmonies played as seperate quarter note pairs.

I've tried designating the 3AB's as tied notes, but that isn't working either.

Any help on this?

BTW: I don't use a mouse, just the keyboard and menu shortcuts. And, I can't see the screen - I use the blind friendly feature that puts certain relevant information about the selected note(s) on the status line. So, if you can, explain things with this info in mind - thanks[/quote]

Milnerton, Cape, South Africa
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2011 12:32 pm    

Hi Phil..... you've got mail.
Anders Eriksson

Mora, Dalecarlia, Sweden
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2011 12:53 am    

Hello Phil,

TablEdit make a difference between UPPER case and lower case! So to get the A-pedal you need to enter UPPER CASE A

If you want a slide you need to specify it! You will find it under Note - Special Effects or using s as a shortcut.

Not sitting with the program at the moment but I think you need to mark both the first not and the one you want to slide to and then make it a slide.

Hope this will help!

BTW, TablEdit has its own forum on Yahoo.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/TablEdit/

You can read it without being a member, but to write you need to be a member...

// Anders

Milnerton, Cape, South Africa
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2011 2:18 am    

Hi Anders,
You only need to highlight the first note to add a slide....the slide will extend to the note following the first, on the same string, but if you highlight both the first and second notes, the slide will continue up to the third next note, on the same string. If that is what you want.
Hope this make sense Very Happy
Phil Halton

Post  Posted 31 Dec 2011 12:08 pm     Re: TablEdit help with ped/knees

Problem solved!

The problem was with an unchecked setting in the built-in E9 module. Under Score|Instrument|on the module tab, I needed to checkmark the "pedal steel" checkbox in order for TablEdit to recognize the pedal marks from the keyboard (like entering 3A etc). Evidently, its not a default setting, although you'd think it would be. Without that checkmark on the E9 module settings, pressing the letters will be interpreted differently and not as pedal steel markings.
Phew!