| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  President of TSGA
Jeff Coffell

Killeen Texas
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2005 6:34 pm    

I think we should all show our appreciation on this topic for our President, Mr Albert Talley, for the greatest Jamboree ever.

He sure worked his butt off.

WHAT A SHOW.

Thanks Albert.

Jeff & Regina Coffell

[This message was edited by Jeff Coffell on 08 March 2005 at 06:36 PM.]

Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 6:51 am    

Jeff;
You are so right, Albert worked hard as did the rest of the TSGA crew. And to top it off, they are such nice people! Made me feel like one of their own the first time I was ever there.

Billy and Meriul Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 8:00 am    

On a lot smaller scale,I know what Albert went through to put on this show,GREAT JOB Albert and crew.
Billy your right,when your in Texas you are family for sure.

------------------
Fred Justice,
Somewhere Out West

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 8:08 am    

Albert was runnin' around like a one-armed paperhanger all weekend. And I know that Debbie and a lot of other TSGA folks had to do a lot of organizational work to make this event run smoothly. They all deserve a great deal of credit for this massive effort. It was well worth it!
Rob Parker

Paducah, Kentucky, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 8:19 am    

I applaud Albert Talley and his great crew..They were dedicated and worked very hard, many hours, to present a great show...
The pickers were really playing their hearts out for the fans...and the back-up band members were really laying down some super music...
I want to thank the TSGA for allowing me to be part of this super show .
I won't try to name all the people that had such a big part in the show..there are so many...But my hat is off to all of them...great crew...
And kudos to Merrill Fich, the tall guy in the white hat...he bounced around like a butterfly with sore feet helping get
the players equipment on and off the stage..
I tip my hat to all of you..a superb job..
Thank you TSGA for a great week of picking and grinning, and visiting...

RP...'come on in'
Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 9:32 am    

Albert, great job my friend. You and your staff out did yourselves this year. I especially want to thank you for making Hal an honorary Texan and Hall of Fame member.

Johnny Cox
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 10:29 am    

Lot's of hard work and dedication went into the making of this years T.S.G.A. show. One of the finest shows I have had the previlege and pleasure to work. This was made possible only by the many, many long hours Albert Talley, our president, invested in this fine production. Way to go "Alberto" you have mine and Barbara's most sincere appreciation.
Not to be forgotten in the "mix' is Albert's wonderful wife Debbie, who also worked many long hours making the show such a huge success. Her dedication to the T.S.G.A. helped make the show a success.
We love you both,
....Roy and Barbara
P.S. We agree with Johhny Cox, making Hal Rugg and honorary Texan and giving him honorary membership in the T.S.G.A. Hall of Fame was a "class act". Again we applaud you Mr. Talley.

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

[This message was edited by Roy Rosetta on 09 March 2005 at 10:34 AM.]

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 12:14 pm    

Thanks Albert and all your Crew. The show was a great one. Looking forward to next year. The Newberry's & Austin
Tim Bridges

Hoover, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 12:47 pm    

Albert,

You and the staff of TSGA have really raised the bar. Also, the artists, the vendors, the audience and the Harvey Hotel did a really fine job. I can't recall the last music event I attended with so many high lights; this particularly includes making alot of new friends. What a GREAT crowd of folks!! I can't think of one unpleasant experience (except lack of sleep; that was my choice and a good one at that). Thanks a million!!
Bob Strum

Anniston Alabama
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 1:19 pm    

Albert and Debbie...great folks, organized and thoughtful. Always givers not takers. If you noticed, they were both jumping here and there making sure everything was going right. My real pleasure to be friends with these fine folks.
God bless you both, Sincerely, Bob and Carol
Randy Beavers

Lebanon,TN 37090
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 1:42 pm    

Albert and Debbie,

Judy and I thank you for a wonderful weekend. And thanks for letting me be a part of the show. It just keeps getting better.

Randy
Mike Mantey

Eastern Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 3:09 pm    

Awesome show Albert and gang. You guys need to pat yourselves on the back. It was a great show and can't wait til next year.

------------------
Mike Mantey
Sales & Production Manager
Mullen Guitar Co., Inc.
(970) 664-2518
www.mullenguitars.com
Neil Lang

Albert Lea, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 3:33 pm    

Albert & All the Crew!!
Another FABULOUS show, we LOVED everything about it, a special treat to see "Packman" Jim Pack, playin' Bass!
Neil & Barb Lang
Paul Polish

Concord,NC,Usa
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 6:31 pm    

From Dee: Albert, you outdid yourself with the show. Paul and I love you and Debbie and appreciate the hard work you both put into making this a great show. I am overwhelmed with the President's Award and I am sure you thought for the first time since you met me, I was totally surprised and speechless. Barbara and I love doing what we do for the show and I love working with her. Thank you so much for your thoughfulness in bestowing the honorary Texan award upon Hal Rugg.
Debbie.... you are the best. Anyone who has ever had this job, sincerely knows all the hard work that goes into making the ticket sales run smoothly. Thank you so much for you sweet spirit.
We love you both.

Paul and Dee
Bob Rains

Abilene, Texas, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 8:31 pm    

Albert and all the TSGA crew always give it all they have to put on a great show. They did it again. Many thanks.
doug jernigan

smyrna tn, usa
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 8:53 pm    

Albert:
Jetta and I wish to say "Thank You" for the priviledge to participate in the TSGA show this year. The show was well organized, and gave all that attended a wonderful three days of music and song. The talent on the stage was beyond compare. Memories were made that can never be replaced and forever will be cherished. Just to say thanks is not enough, but words can't express the joy we felt in being a part of such a great show!
Doug and Jetta Jernigan
Gregg Thacker

Pasadena, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2005 11:11 pm    

Albert, congradulations on a job well done. I agree with what Johnny said regarding Hal Rugg in making him an Honary Texan and Texas Steel Guitar Hall of Fame member. Working the show with you this year has really been an experience that I will never forget and look forward to next year.

Gregg

------------------
If it don't have a Steel, it ain't real!

[This message was edited by Gregg Thacker on 09 March 2005 at 11:11 PM.]

Charles Tilley

Post  Posted 10 Mar 2005 3:51 am    

Sure do hope that someday East Texas Steel Guitar Association in Tyler, Texas can put on a show like that. All the crew did a great job. Seems everyone has overlooked what a great band was there constantly for the players. Can't get along without them you know.

R.D. Davis should be congratulated too for his part as V.P.

Charles Tilley
East Texas SGA
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2005 4:19 am    

Albert Talley and I worked very closely together this year and last on the TSGA Jamboree, and I was constantly amazed at his patience, endurance, and dedication to the task.

There was always the underlying concern that a void would be left unfilled after the retirement of Charlie Norris, since the show had been his "baby" for twenty years. I'm here to say that Albert rose to the task and that the last two shows have been absolutely spectacular due to the efforts of AT and Debbie.

The TSGA is in good hands, and we're all very proud of this team: the Talleys, the Board, and the staffers that work their tails off to make the Jamboree one of the best shows going.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2005 7:54 pm    

Albert and Debbie ,Your simply the BEST !!!
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 10 Mar 2005 9:07 pm    

Hello ALbert,
It really was a great week for the steel guitar! I know you worked hard and long to pull the show off! ALso, thanks for the good advice about a possible show in Abilene. I really enjoyed pickin' and seeing all the great talent. Keep up the great work!
Larry Toliver
Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2005 9:50 pm    

Albert and Debbie Talley, along with their crew, staff and supporters of the TSGA, are absolutely "TOP SHELF"!!!! WOW,,,what a great effort and show!!!!
BB

------------------
If you play 'em, play 'em good!
If you build 'em, build 'em good!

Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2005 10:20 pm    

Albert,
Just wanted to thank you in print for having me at the TSGA show this year.
It was the most relaxing steel guitar show I have ever played. Of course I have always loved TEXAS.
I worked many dance halls through out Texas with Mel.
The people are great that come out to support your show.
See you next year,
Terry Bethel
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2005 12:26 am    

Albert,
As always noting but a first class show....hats off to you and all the others that make it happen!!!!
Randy Candler

Yuma, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2005 12:51 pm    

Albert, I am grateful for the opportunity that you provide Jonathan to play on your show. The Texas hospitality was just what I expected, very warm and friendly, we felt like family. Thank you and your team, your effort was well worth it. Randy