| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Help with NV112 and POD 2.0 hookup
Phil Halton

Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2011 5:58 pm    

I have a NV112, Line6 POD 2.0, and a Hilton VP. For hookup, I'm thinking

1) VP to POD, then Pod to the Power Amp input jack on rear of amp? Of course, this bypasses the NV112 EQ section and uses the amp simply as a powered speaker cab I assume.

2) If I go from Pod to amp's front input jack, that'd run the signal through the EQ section and kind of defeat the purpose of the Pod, yes?

3) Okay, how about using the post EQ send and recieve jacks? That'd get me past the EQ, but maybe back into the signal path for the reverb? Is this any different from #1 above?

Thanks for Any help.

Hudson River Valley NY
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2011 7:22 pm    

I would recommend that you try all three and see what works best for you, from both sound quality and ease of control perspectives.

VP > POD > PWR AMP IN would be just as you say, using the POD as preamp, EQ and FX, and never touching controls at the amp itself, especially useful if you want to mount the POD where you can reach it on the fly

Your option number 2 does not defeat the purpose of the POD at all as the preamp qualities and controls of the POD still define your sound, with the added possibility of extra gain, more versatile EQ and FX options from the amp's pre section. If the PV pre sounds good when overdriven so much the better if that serves you.

Using the insert jacks would to my mind be the least desirable but many folks do just that, so any way you go you are going to be in good company.